What's new

random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

Sorry no one was able to provide the Schick/Slim conversion you craved, @saj1985

Hoping the mountain of ARKO! is keeping your spirits bright.

I’m jonesing to try a Sedef brand barber razor because I clearly have a razor deficiency and it reminded of talking with you about razors and foods popular in the South Asian communities (different threads here and there not “can anything beat shaving the base of one’s throat with a Fatip Grande and then tucking into sim sim candies like there was neighborhood pride at stake?”) and then wondered if the Winter months took tolls on your moods.
the mountains crumbling slowly but surely hahaha 😂

well i had my first hair cut in about a month and a week or so
and believe it or not i use hair clippers and the electric shaver,
tbh just cba with anything just wanted to get it done but i enjoyed the fact that there wasnt any nicks, weepers or irritation afteer which was nice tbf

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I thought you were using Leaf, Twig, Injectors, DEs, and barber razors for your noggin this whole time.

Reactions: saj
Thank you, @saj1985 ! I keep not using my Sedef barber razors and fear your disappointment.
mate i feel like eatin akra now

tbh my family dont really cook it but mrs family cook it and have been doing so a bit more recently, very nice with some chapatis and rice 😀

thombrogan

Add some beans or ground meat and that sounds like a burrito. Now I want an okra and bean burrito.

Also, I have to learn how to cook okra. Last time I did — I don’t think my daughter was born yet — it was all slimy. Tasted good, but repulsed my Bride.

• Love
Add some beans or ground meat and that sounds like a burrito. Now I want an okra and bean burrito.

Also, I have to learn how to cook okra. Last time I did — I don’t think my daughter was born yet — it was all slimy. Tasted good, but repulsed my Bride.
Yea sounds nice in a chicken curry

Where you from mate? Don't remember if you mentioned it before

Talking about burritos, I tried Mexican food for the first time not long ago,
loved the tacos and it was halal too

They do put in a lot of veggies and kidney beans, not the biggest fan of kidney beans tbh

You like lentils? I love it but tend to give me stomach aches depending on the type of lentils that is

thombrogan

Haven’t had lentils in years. Used to eat lentils and brown rice for months on end and probably wasn’t cooking them right.

Glad to read you‘ve had Mexican food. Even though I’m an uncultured consumer of mostly burritos and tacos, there’s so much more. And many more types of beans, too.

I’m in the United States, but in the part known as New England. You’re in/near Birmingham, right?

Got one of these shaving towels from savers (UK shop) few months back for a few quid and forgot I had it

Finally shaved my hair off after months without using a razor, just been using clippers or electric shavers

Anyways so I tried this out and was amazed at how nice the sponge feels,
you know normally even with a decent towel when you push it against the grain on your head it can cause a bit of irritation, well with this spongey towel you get none of that!

just rinsed the ramer sponge in hot water prior shave and rubbed against the head and then after the shave just rinsed with cold water and used it once again, honestly felt nice and soothing

Not heard of it before but a quick Google search and it seems to be used as a baby towel, that would explain why it's made to be smooth and sooth for babies

Haven’t had lentils in years. Used to eat lentils and brown rice for months on end and probably wasn’t cooking them right.

Glad to read you‘ve had Mexican food. Even though I’m an uncultured consumer of mostly burritos and tacos, there’s so much more. And many more types of beans, too.

I’m in the United States, but in the part known as New England. You’re in/near Birmingham, right?
Yea Birmingham which is the west midlands area of England

Mate the Mexican food was sick but only thing is I'm more of a meat eater then w veggie sort of guy (although I need to change that around lol)

Anyways I would've preferred more meat then veggies but saying that either way I was nice, really nice lol

Just a quick heads up guys so I got this witch hazel and tea tree blemish stick from poundland (UK) think for like £1.50 or something like that, anyways it's really good, and Ive found it helps sooth any irritable areas with ease quite quickly too

#6 is poundlands own brand, I seen they were selling aftershave balms too

IMG_20220210_115517.jpg

IMG_20220210_115445.jpg

It seems that boots sell it too but cost 3x the one in poundland never used the boots one so no idea if it's better in any way to justify the price tag

thombrogan

It’s a very nice we have circumstances that allow us the ability to make regrettable choices for years on end. Most of my diet is heavily processed meat and dairy products and I’m mentally sluggish when I (over)eat some grain products (not white rice, though, weird).

Thanks for the tip on the sponge towels.

finally ordered a razor after some time lol

what's the longest you've gone between buying razors? Regardless to de/se etc

finally got around to ordering from yaqi on aliexpress and its my first time using aliexpress,
like that i can use paypal, very easy to use, somewhat like dhgate

anyways finally popped my cherry lool

also got around to finally ordering the ninfeng razor, just wonder how long it will take to get to me

AliExpress’s page for USA shoppers doesn’t have a Ninfeng razor. What’s that?
yea sorry forgot to say its not available on aliexpress,
its available on this site ebuy7, the razor doesnt cost much and they actually take paypal too

first time im using this site and im wondering how long it will take for delivery

heres a thread about the ninfeng razor with reviews

Top Bottom