What's new

Questions on balm... what is your favorite?

is it just me here that don't appreciate balms? :laugh:

i was using nivea balm for sensitive skin,
tried one from L'Oreal, and most recently
bought testers package from Truefitt Hil balms.

I feel way better with lotion/splash aftershave.
maybe its a matter of habit?
You need to use both with lotion applied first.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thanks for all your advice guys. I wound up ordering these:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

You need to use both with lotion applied first.
i was actually considering that.

i generally apply the aftershave (whichever i use lotion/balm),
after cooling the skin from the shave.

do you suggest adding the balm soon after the lotion,
or after some hours?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nivea Balms are my favourite. I do like the The Stray Whisker After Balm found here in Australia. I have also tried a couple of the Captain’s Choice shave balm samples and I did really like them.

555EE6E4-FBAB-4F0A-8E72-2641AD4C4E99.jpeg

F0F332EC-BCFE-43C0-A61B-9771275E73F6.jpeg

My favourite aftershave balm, love the 1805 & Sandalwood version as well. Very subtle yet lingering fragrance and soothing.

Also the Pink Woolf Oudh & Sandalwood is extremely nice with a mesmerising aroma & feel on shaved skin! Very calming aftershave that cools your face down and can be used even as a normal moisturiser on a day you haven’t shaved!

My Nivea is approaching the end again. I put in an order for Zingari Man unscented based on some good reviews.

I'm off of the balms, but when I used them it was Baxter of California and Proraso balm. I really liked the Baxter adn went through a few tubes of it when I was in a drier climate.
Now it's all splash, but I still have one of the old bottles of Proraso balm I use once in a while.

AoS balms are very good. They’re VERY overpriced, but if you can get them on sale they’re worth it.
I think I’m going to try proraso blue or white balm, based on some recommendations here.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I think Nivea Men After Shave Balm is the bomb. I no longer experience any real irritation below the jawline after shaving anymore but I still use Nivea because it just feels really nourishing. It’s also a really good value. On the higher end I found Clinique post shave soother was really helpful when I was having a lot of neck irritation.

Stirling soap aftershave balm. Even the scented ones are gentle on my skin, and they leave my skin smooth and moisturized. I only use during the home heating season, I have electric baseboard heat, so the house gets dry, even with a humidifier.

They are more a thin lotion than some balms, but a little goes a long way!

Stirling soap aftershave balm. Even the scented ones are gentle on my skin, and they leave my skin smooth and moisturized. I only use during the home heating season, I have electric baseboard heat, so the house gets dry, even with a humidifier.

They are more a thin lotion than some balms, but a little goes a long way!

I wouldn’t describe Stirling balms as thin at all. I’m fact as balms go they’re pretty thick.

Top Bottom