What's new

Questions on balm... what is your favorite?

I don't think anyone has mentioned LEA balms yet. The 3-in-1 balm is unusual in that it is totally non-greasy and has a mild alcohol kick. It also contains some healing and cooling ingredients. Very good in warmer weather.

I also like several others occasionally. Proraso White, Nivea Sensitive, Pre de Provence and Waleda.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have used most of the balms mentioned, but, for my money and experience, Zingari Man balms are the best on the market, IMO.

They have scented and unscented options. Their sego balm is heavier and contains tallow, while the regular balms are a little lighter and vegan based.
I really liked ZM but all their balms have alcohol which is a no go for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Clinque Post Shave Healing Cream is now a Soothing Cream which some reviewers are complaining about as it lacks wound healing properties

Nivea balm in white ceramic bottle. If you're from europe, and by your username I assume you are, try Cien Balm, in white box. Half the price of already cheap nivea but just as good. Used it few min ago. I reached for nivea but grabbed Cien instead.
However I really like nivea so take that with a grain of salt.

New favourites

Baxter of california
Tobs jermyn street balm
Barrister & mann balm
American Crew post shave balm
Nivea sensitive balm
Cella bio balm
Proraso white
La toja sensitive balm

Nivea Sensitive is pretty good. Would like to try Zingari Man at some point too. With a lot of the soaps I use now balms are not really required. Most of the time Thayers WH is enough.

I had Geo Trumper’s skin food for a while. That was ok too. Heavily scented and a bit tacky. Not as soothing as Nivea but pretty good.

Nivea balm in white ceramic bottle. If you're from europe, and by your username I assume you are, try Cien Balm, in white box. Half the price of already cheap nivea but just as good. Used it few min ago. I reached for nivea but grabbed Cien instead.
However I really like nivea so take that with a grain of salt.
Both Lidl/Cien and Aldi's balms have been great performers in the past.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
There really are a lot of good balms available. I've tried a handful and none were poor.

My favorite is Clinique Moisturizer for Men. While it's initially a little pricey, a little goes a long way and - most importantly - it is very quick to blend onto the face. I've used a few that required more rubbing on my freshly shaved skin than I prefer.

IMG_1859.jpeg

I am only just getting into balms. So my question comes in two parts:

What is your favorite aftershave balm, that is reasonably priced? Not looking to pay $40+ per bottle.

And two, what is the difference between aftershave balm and regular facial moisturizer? I use moisturizer on the rest of my face... is there any reason to get a balm too?
I have a few favourites (all under $40):

Unscented: Stirling, and Henri et Victoria
Scented: Hawkins and Brimble, Nivea Sensitive

I am not sure if there is much difference between balm and regular moisturizer...would have to check ingredients list.

anything from Proraso to be honest, the white is an absolute stunner, and so is the blue, I have to try the green balm, I'll get around to it at some point I'm sure. If you haven't used a Proraso balm, do yourself a favor.

is it just me here that don't appreciate balms? :laugh:

i was using nivea balm for sensitive skin,
tried one from L'Oreal, and most recently
bought testers package from Truefitt Hil balms.

I feel way better with lotion/splash aftershave.
maybe its a matter of habit?

Top Bottom