What's new

Question on taking good quality photos of straight razors.

I was thinking about spending 40$ on a little photo booth for nice lighting and background. Not sure if there were any suggestions or if I should rig one up myself.

Photos will be taken from my phone (galaxy s10e)

Thanks for any tips or pointers

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The commercial light boxes are nice, most fold up for storage. I made mine out of an old shipping box, cut out the sides and top and covered them with tissue paper to diffuse the light. I doesn’t fold up but it didn’t cost anything either. I’ve been using watercolor paper for backgrounds.

09FB06D6-A9DA-447E-B324-6D900E572D2C.jpeg
DF642901-5D02-4267-9FB8-14F256D54C4E.jpeg

The commercial light boxes are nice, most fold up for storage. I made mine out of an old shipping box, cut out the sides and top and covered them with tissue paper to diffuse the light. I doesn’t fold up but it didn’t cost anything either. I’ve been using watercolor paper for backgrounds.

View attachment 1287040View attachment 1287041
Yes, that is what I do. I use a very sheer curtain fabric that my wife had lying around. I note that some of these light boxes sold online have some poor reviews.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
iPhone 12 Max, I previously used the 11, XS, etc. Processed in the free Adobe Lightroom app on an iPad Pro.

Top Bottom