What's new

Are there any good quality straight razors with disposable blades?

Hello,

I am currently using a cheap straight razor from Amazon. It's good for touching up my beard but the razor itself is just cheap. So my question is... Are there any good/better/nice straight razors that use disposable blades?

Tedalus Essence is the closest you can get to a straight razor in my opinion. If you add up all the stuff you need to maintain a straight razor it's not that expensive.
Fucus and Feather also have some good alternatives.

20231227_122120.jpg

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
My opinion is also that Tedalus Essence is the real answer.
1.You can shave at a shallower angle.
2.Blades of different specifications can be used.
3.The blade mounting mechanism is hidden and barely visible from the outside.
4.Looks like a real blade, not some kind of clip.
5.Holding it makes one's heart beat.
311976866_5650786138293576_10180771576789375_n.jpg

I use a cheap 1/2 DE blade shavette fitted with a CARBON STEEL blade. Carbon steel razor blades (like TREET) are more forgiving than regular stainless steel DE blades in shavettes which can so easily cut your face to bits, but the carbon steel blades emulate more like a true SR -the large majority of which are made from carbon steel.

That Tedalus Essence would be nice but it's a little too expensive for me.

All good recommendations though.
Keep them coming!

Yes, $400+ is absurd for a Tedalus. I own an authentic Feather Artist Club and one I bought on Ali Express. They are indistinguishable from each other. Couple one of these with the extraordinary Feather blades

Yes, $400+ is absurd for a Tedalus. I own an authentic Feather Artist Club and one I bought on Ali Express. They are indistinguishable from each other. Couple one of these with the extraordinary Feather blades
How the heck did you find one on Ali Express? I can never find anything "authentic" on there 🤣

Some of the Ali Express alternatives can also work well. This is designed to fit de blades, but work better with injector style blades in my opinion.
20231227_153952.jpg

You can often find good deals on Feather AC razors on ebay. There are also much less expensive versions (CJB is one) if you want to get your feet wet.

The Tedalus isn't cheap but I am impressed with the holder design (on paper, I haven't used it) and it's made intentionally to be able to take a variety of blades.

Top Bottom