What's new

Quest for less technology

As you may know I have been using no shampoo to wash my hair for about 8-10 months now and I have to say it has been a great move. I just rinse my hair with warm water every time I take a shower. My hair looks and feels healthier for it. It does

Not that I have much hair to be of concern but I am of the opinion that commercial shampoos are nothing but excessively harsh detergents.

The process of striping out all of the natural oils cannot be a good thing.

Then people use conditioners, which is putting plastics in your hair to remedy the damage done by the shampoo.

The fear of missing out is real, and I have to tell myself rationally there's no reason I should seek out expensive, sanctioned, and next-to-impossible to procure blades, given the multitude of options I have already.

That is very true. While I missed out on a few, I returned to DE shaving post Covid restrictions and was fortunate to have the right timing to catch most of the now scarce blades.

I missed out on the Polsilvers, since the left the room early. But I did catch the Wizamets.

I just received a hundred of the Gillette 7-O'clock Sharp Edge Yellows from Amazon yesterday. They are still from the PPI plant. I believe that other Gillette products are still available that were manufactured in the PPI plant, like the Gillette Silver Blue's. Maybe some others as well? Check on Amazon.

Gillette still has 7-O'clock blades blades which are made in India, which are fine blades.

Still, I am like you. What is gone, is gone. I have no desire to seek out unavailable products and pay premium prices.

There are plenty of currently available blades to be had.

There are do many blades that have disappeared over the years. That is just the way it is...

Not that I have much hair to be of concern but I am of the opinion that commercial shampoos are nothing but excessively harsh detergents.

The process of striping out all of the natural oils cannot be a good thing.

Then people use conditioners, which is putting plastics in your hair to remedy the damage done by the shampoo.
This is the exact reason why I have gone this route.

Morning shave - 5/10/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Derby Premium (5/5) (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Pilssoft RR400
Aftershave: Clubman Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 9.25/10, DFS++
A solid shave from a solid razor and blade. I have come to expect that out of this group. Just a couple of short stubbled areas that prevented me to give it a BBS rating, but it is very good. I did have a tiny bit of post shave tenderness so I could not give it full score on comfort. Still a super nice shave.

I have to say that I think that the new RazoRock RR400 that just got has even less backbone than my RR Hive 24. Now that does not really matter too much for me since I really only face lather and I do not mind a bit floppier brushes. It hold loads of lather and I probably could do 4-5 passes without a problem with the amount it holds. I like the aluminum handle on it as it gives it a bit of a heft.

I have been a slacker when it comes to the garden this year so far. I did get the essentials in the ground like basil, parsley, tomatoes and peppers, but I still have cucumber, butternut squash, kale and some herbs to plant. Hopefully I can do that this weekend.

My dear wife wanted a Greenstack planter for Mothers Day so we will need to fill that one as well. It is a really cool vertical planter that has like 6 compartments per layer and 5 layers so you can fit 30 smaller plants in it. these layers stack on top of each other so you fit a lot in a small area. We will probably plant some lettuce, spinach, cilantro in it. Many grow strawberries in them as well I have seen.

Talking about strawberries. We have been picking quite the bit of strawberries from our little 4' x 8' strawberry bed. This is the first year we are getting some from it and it is producing quite the crop. We have to pick every couple of days and you get about a quart or two each picking so that is not bad at all. That is all for today!

Happy shaves everyone!

Always nice to see the Lustray Blue Spice. I hope they never discontinue the Lustray line.
It does not stick very long with me, but it is very pleasant. For some reason I am attracted by the classic barbershop after shaves. I have a big bottle of Osage Rub and Clubman Citrus Musk as all and I have been thinking about the Lustray Spice and Lustray Bay Rum, but I have too many and I need to use up some other ones first.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
It does not stick very long with me, but it is very pleasant. For some reason I am attracted by the classic barbershop after shaves. I have a big bottle of Osage Rub and Clubman Citrus Musk as all and I have been thinking about the Lustray Spice and Lustray Bay Rum, but I have too many and I need to use up some other ones first.
The Lustray Spice is my favorite of the lineup. The Lustray Bay Rum is very light, but pleasant. :)

I didn’t know this aftershave existed until this morning. Now I might have to try a bottle.
Me too...sigh
headshake-most.gif

Top Bottom