What's new

QED Shave Sticks - too many choices!

I've read and re-read the reviews and I'm having such a hard time making a decision and taking the plunge on the purchase of a QED Shave Stick. It's not a performance issue but a scent issue.

I usually travel in the summer and I'm looking for a summer-like fragrance to take with me on the road. I'm intrigued by the Bathtub Gin scent but I need more feedback! I'll be using the shave stick with not much else other than scent-less moisturizer (my usual summer-time/beach combing thing).

Please help!

Thanks,

Paul

I've read and re-read the reviews and I'm having such a hard time making a decision and taking the plunge on the purchase of a QED Shave Stick. It's not a performance issue but a scent issue.

I usually travel in the summer and I'm looking for a summer-like fragrance to take with me on the road. I'm intrigued by the Bathtub Gin scent but I need more feedback! I'll be using the shave stick with not much else other than scent-less moisturizer (my usual summer-time/beach combing thing).

Please help!

Easy. Fresh Lime, no contest.

...wait, maybe Peppermint. Yeah, that's it. Peppermint!

...uh, or maybe Grapefruit & Peppermint. You know, a nice, tingly citrus/mint mix. OK, that's it right there. Go for it!

...of course, you also might like the Tangerine/Spearmint mix. Still citrus/mint, but just ... different. Yeah. That's DEFINITELY the one.

Aren't you glad you asked?? :biggrin:

This is both helpful and not at the same time...I'm on the $hit list with SWMBO for even thinking of buying more soap and you're only feeding it!! :eek: (Bow to it, Paul. Just bow to it).

Seriously, thanks. I was thinking about the Grapfruit as well.

~Paul

Do you currently own any QED soaps that you like? You could also make (melt) your own shave stick.

Do you currently own any QED soaps that you like? You could also make (melt) your own shave stick.

I don't own any QED. I've see the empty shave stick containers on Mama Bear's site and read some posts on the whole melting thing; but I wasn't feeling that ambitious. I was just thinking of getting a QED shave stick because they're highly rated.

Any suggestions? I'm somewhat of a minimalist and I would have to buy soap anyway (I've only got one puck at the moment) to make my own.

Wild Orange is another I forgot to mention. :drool: They're all great. It's really a matter of personal preference.

The only thing you should be aware of is that some guys experience a negative skin reaction from the EOs. Charles really crams his soaps full of them -- he puts in the maximum amount that he can. Any more would start to affect the quality of the soap. But the only way to find out if you're sensitive to them (or not) is to use them for yourself.

You're right on target with bathtub gin. It's an amazing fragrance -- just right for summertime (plus, it's not available in tub form). In fact, I used mine this morning! Lime is also nice, but I actually prefer bathtub gin -- it's just a beautifully blended scent.

BTW, my all-time QED favorite: Special 218. Heck, collect 'em all! :wink:

Top Bottom