What's new

Public Service Announcement - Australian Private Reserve

Thanks for sharing Chris, sorry to hear that this happened. Its kindof crazy to me when people get bashed for sharing a negative review, especially when its something like this that involves a large amount of money. I understand that there will be people that are fans of a brand and I actually think its really cool that APR gets a lot of support from Aussies who take pride in supporting the local artisan. But at the same time c'mon, you have to have some objectivity and be willing to look at a situation with clear eyes, whether its this or something else like it... (please note that I'm not saying that all Aussies look at APR through rose-colored lenses or would automatically say APR is in the right here, I'm commenting on anyone who will act like a given producer can do no wrong).

I have just a couple of comments to add:

Firstly, thanks for bringing this to the attention of the broader community.
I personally find the owner arrogant so I will never purchase any of their products. But that's just my personal feeling.

- Please don't use PayPal F&F with vendors. They should be responsible enough to cover the fees of a payment they otherwise couldn't have received and would have been a major opportunity cost for them.
Not to mention the buyer takes on all the risk.

(I do use F&F with members I know and trust on the Australian forum but never with a vendor)

- how an "artisan" with under 2 years of track record can charge $500 for a soap, splash and edp just boggles my mind!
And that people actually paid it boggles my mind even more! I just can't understand it. Like an other member said, at this price, a high end cologne could be purchased!
...and still have enough left over for a few nice shaving soaps!!

I feel sorry for the OP and once again would like to thank them for bringing this out into the open so others can learn from this very negative experience.

You're not posting while at work, are you, @nervosa1901? If so, I'm going to tell your boss on you! :001_tongu Man, that gave me a good laugh. Thanks for the warning. His stuff costs more than I'd pay but now I wouldn't even buy it on clearance.

I paid Dan for a bottle of aftershave on 5-22-2020. It wasn’t cheap. Almost 13 months later, he has gone completely dark. In fact, he went dark right away.

I hope he’s ok.

I paid Dan for a bottle of aftershave on 5-22-2020. It wasn’t cheap. Almost 13 months later, he has gone completely dark. In fact, he went dark right away.

I hope he’s ok.

Website has gone blank. I suspect he has abandoned the business. Talented guy but not an ethical person, apparently. Because it would be easy to refund you if one has to fold the business.

Top Bottom