What's new

Pu-erh teas?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I used Teachat exclusively and wanted you guys to come over there, but once I got over my "this is a forum, for SHAVING!? These guys are absolutely crazy!" phase, and seeing as how I now shave with a straight I've fallen in love with this place, and wish I had more money to be a contributor. I rarely go to Teachat, and when I do it just reinforces my decision to spend 95% of my time here.

I post there every day. I don't see the two sites as in any way being in competition with each other, and I thought that the guys from Tea Chat who are passionate about their tea would welcome another site that, if nothing else, has more traffic and discussion about a subject they obviously enjoy. We're not trying the "steal" members- we have no shortage. I wish they had more activity there, as I find it quite frustrating sometimes having to wait days for updates.

As for this site being primarily a "shaving site", I've been here for so long that I tend to forget just how difficult it is to explain the concept to the uninitiated. Almost everyone comes here for the shave, but almost everyone stays for the additional reasons we offer. Sure, shaving is a silly hobby no matter how you look at it, but that alone shouldn't dissuade folks from enjoying the myriad other topics that are covered here as well as they are on any other site.

I was sad to read that the Tea Chat pu passaround box ended. I thought it was a great idea- we should do something similar.

The passaround box was a great idea! Definitely a great way to get into a whole array of new teas. Coughaslongasyou'readirtyAmericancough. :)

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

As for this site being primarily a "shaving site", I've been here for so long that I tend to forget just how difficult it is to explain the concept to the uninitiated. Almost everyone comes here for the shave, but almost everyone stays for the additional reasons we offer. Sure, shaving is a silly hobby no matter how you look at it, but that alone shouldn't dissuade folks from enjoying the myriad other topics that are covered here as well as they are on any other site.

My life is very busy. I don't have a lot of free time for reading and posting to forums. I really enjoy the tea forums here. Teachat just seems to be more ego, more aggression, more noise. It's more pleasant to spend time here.

The irony of this is I'm an Edge and Bic Guy and don't read or post to the Shaving Forums. But I also used to drink Twining's Tea Bags, so I guess there is still hope.

Top Bottom