What's new

Proraso Green (tube) for $5.00

Manhattan is Target-free, so I was hoping to score some inexpensive Proraso Green at Target online. The only shave cream available through the site is something called Brave Shave.

However, a little Googling turned up this link:

American Discount Beauty Supply.

Proraso Green is five bucks a tube here — half of what it cost me this morning at a well-known shaving site. It certainly pays to shop around!

How fortuitous. I also live in Manhattan and just did a mapquest search for Target for the same item and found the closest Target to be in NJ. Someone told me there was one in Inwood, but I think they may be mistaken.

Thanks for the post.

There's a target near the Green Acres mall, which is quite close to NYC, if you can get in a car and drive. Close for me at least, since I'm in Queens.

It's interesting to see that the Proraso Red tube is twice the price of the green one. In Italy, they cost the same and there is no hint (in Italy) of the Red being discontinued.

There is a Target on 225th street in the bronx. It's next to a stop on the 1 line, the first stop after you leave Manhattan so depending where you are on the island it may be a short trip. In fact this may be why some people think there is one in Inwood. There is no Target in Inwood but the Bronx store is one stop away. The one in NJ is in Hackensack on River st I think, but I haven't been there for a little while. Also there is one at the Palisades Center Mall by the Tappanzee bridge but you really do need a car to get there.

Heres the big news. I was driving down the Harlem River Drive the other day and saw a new retail area being built on the upper east side/harlem and there was a sign for a Target. So there may be a Target popping up in Manhattan soon after all. My Wife thinks they will never be able to keep the shelves stocked if they do open one so we will see how great it turns out.

So there it is.

-----Michael

get on the PATH train at Macy's (34th / broadway) and take it to newport/Pavonia stop. 15minutes travel time, which you know is nothing if you ride the subway.

anyways, at that stop is both a target, CC, and the Newport/pavonia mall. (full mall with macys,jcpennys,sears,kohl,footlocker,american eagle, gap,victoria secrets, express for men,16cinemas. across the street from the mall is a Bed Bath and Beyond.

anyways, easy enough target to get to along with other stuffs.

~J

ps. if you end up going to that target at newport/pavonia.. the Proraso is located: walk in the door, turn RIGHt..walk down about 9 isles and you will come to the SPA section. its in there.

Top Bottom