What's new

Proraso green tea+aloe foam review

So I bought a travel size can of this stuff
The shave is excellent : good lube, protection and skin feels good afterwards ;
Usually, canned gels are better than canned foams, but this foam is surprisingly good
The green tea and aloe version doesn't seem mentholated (there is no ingredient list on the travel size can), so those who love Proraso for the menthol blast could be disapointed
Now, I hope they'll make a green tea/aloe cream for a brush...

Usually, canned gels are better than canned foams, but this foam is surprisingly good
The green tea and aloe version doesn't seem mentholated (there is no ingredient list on the travel size can), so those who love Proraso for the menthol blast could be disapointed

I had just purchased the eucalyptus earlier this week and have enjoyed it very much for a change...I am Proraso's biggest fan of all of their products.

John

Rafik, once my wife bought me Proraso eucalyptus foam by mistake at Jean Coutu near our house. I refused to use it, so she brought it back, and bought me the green tube, which is fine. No canned foam is allowed in my house--point final, habibi!

Jeff

Rafik, once my wife bought me Proraso eucalyptus foam by mistake at Jean Coutu near our house. I refused to use it, so she brought it back, and bought me the green tube, which is fine. No canned foam is allowed in my house--point final, habibi!

Jeff

I thought that way also but when I saw the Proraso name on it I was open minded to give it a shot...that does not mean that my cabinet is full of canned foams, none the less I'm glad I tried it.

Has anyone else tried it?

Just bought a can of it today to try out...as stated earlier I have used the eucalyptus foam many times when I just didn't have time to use a brush or when traveling & always got a good shave from it...looking forward to the Aloe + tea tree.

Regards,

Just bought a can of it today to try out...as stated earlier I have used the eucalyptus foam many times when I just didn't have time to use a brush or when traveling & always got a good shave from it...looking forward to the Aloe + tea tree.

Regards,

It's green tea:biggrin:

I hope they'll make a new cream too... But their foam is really good. I used Gillette's and Palmolive's canned goo for some 20 years, and I always hated them but to me shaving in general was something so unpleasant and unimportant... Boys I was wrong. First finally 'discovered' Proraso foam (I was a pre/post user well before this so never triyng the foam for so long IS inexcusable) , then I studied how to use a brush again and bought a jar of soap. Now I use only 'brushable' soap but I still consider Proraso's foam the best canned stuff around. But I use Valobra now, when travelling... I miss a Proraso soap stick :biggrin:

I hope they'll make a new cream too... But their foam is really good. I used Gillette's and Palmolive's canned goo for some 20 years, and I always hated them but to me shaving in general was something so unpleasant and unimportant... Boys I was wrong. First finally 'discovered' Proraso foam (I was a pre/post user well before this so never triyng the foam for so long IS inexcusable) , then I studied how to use a brush again and bought a jar of soap. Now I use only 'brushable' soap but I still consider Proraso's foam the best canned stuff around. But I use Valobra now, when travelling... I miss a Proraso soap stick :biggrin:

That may explain why they discontinued the Red cream.... maybe they will replace it with an aloe+green tea tubed cream.... since both are non-mentholated

For years I used nothing but Barbasol. I tried Aveeno as a teenager and actually had good luck with it, wonder why the heck I went back to Barbasol. Just very boring and unimaginative I guess. I figured all the shaving creams were the same, but this was before the internets came out and you had stuff like epinions, amazon, and of course B&B to give you advice.

Honestly it seems to me the most important part of shaving isn't the cream or soap... it's the prep before and after, using lots of water, the blades, your technique, etc. If you just love the smell of roses or violets that's one thing but when it comes down to it all you need is some greasy emollients, water, and a bit of foam in your shaving soap/cream. My only real beef with canned shaving cream is it seems rather a big waste to chuck another can into a landfill, just to get a couple months of shaves. That's the main reason I sought out a shaving brush and soap in the first place.

If you want a ton of cream-in-a-can Walgreens sells SuperMax brand, made in Canada. I tried this a while back when I ran out of Barbasol and was just starting to look for better shaving options, noticing the main ingredients in Barbasol are just propellants and silicone (dimethicone). The Walgreens goo does have tea tree oil and aloe in it, and it smells nice. I'm cheap, if the price is low I'll try it. I'm sort of shocked 'cause I can remember when Barbasol was 99 cents per can, now it's $1.80 and it's only been less than ten years, what the heck's going on? Everythings more expensive now days.

For years I used nothing but Barbasol. I tried Aveeno as a teenager and actually had good luck with it, wonder why the heck I went back to Barbasol. Just very boring and unimaginative I guess. I figured all the shaving creams were the same, but this was before the internets came out and you had stuff like epinions, amazon, and of course B&B to give you advice.

Honestly it seems to me the most important part of shaving isn't the cream or soap... it's the prep before and after, using lots of water, the blades, your technique, etc. If you just love the smell of roses or violets that's one thing but when it comes down to it all you need is some greasy emollients, water, and a bit of foam in your shaving soap/cream. My only real beef with canned shaving cream is it seems rather a big waste to chuck another can into a landfill, just to get a couple months of shaves. That's the main reason I sought out a shaving brush and soap in the first place.

If you want a ton of cream-in-a-can Walgreens sells SuperMax brand, made in Canada. I tried this a while back when I ran out of Barbasol and was just starting to look for better shaving options, noticing the main ingredients in Barbasol are just propellants and silicone (dimethicone). The Walgreens goo does have tea tree oil and aloe in it, and it smells nice. I'm cheap, if the price is low I'll try it. I'm sort of shocked 'cause I can remember when Barbasol was 99 cents per can, now it's $1.80 and it's only been less than ten years, what the heck's going on? Everythings more expensive now days.

Agreed

Hmmm...if only it came in a tube! I checked their website, and while I can't really read Italian, it looks like all they offer in a tube is still the original.

Top Bottom