What's new

Proraso Appreciation Society!

IMG_20220423_160315_904.jpg
This was saturdays shave..
IMG_20220425_113220_790.jpg
And here is todays. Both were excellent shaves, without any issues.

I'm thinking that maybe when the green tube is empty, I'll buy a tub again. And I will definetly keep a tube of blue on hand. I wasn't a fan of the scent when I tried it first, but it grew on me quickly. Performs very well too.

I have nine shaving creams and soaps in my rotation, and although Proraso Sapone da Barba Pelli Sensibili “white” may be the least expensive, to me it is one of the very best. I like the scent, which to me is fresh, clean, healthy, sophisticated, interesting, and strong enough but not too strong. If I will be in a car with someone or working close to someone, to me the scent is present enough for me to enjoy, but barely noticeable if at all to anyone else. I finish with the matching Proraso Balsamo Dopobarba “white” aftershave balm. I think of Proraso “white” as a gift from the shave gods.

So at the beginning of this thread preople were asking if the new blue cream was going to come out as a soap in a tub. Did it?

Sign me up! I have everything from the Proraso Green line including the lathering bowl. I use all products on a daily basis and could easily live with using just this preshave, soap, aftershave and balm. I might be tempted to try Proraso blue, but that’s it.

I currently have one other soap (just for fun) and Proraso in use as well and on stock too.

Cheers,

Guido

I only have 10 soaps in my rotation, and I'm not exactly sure why I even have that many. :blush:
But the one thing I am sure of, is if I could only have one, it would be Proraso green, or Proraso red, or maybe even Proraso white.......but then again there's Cella! 🤔
Oh, those darn Italian soap makers anyway! 😆

Hi all. Proraso is like that ex-girlfriend you never forget! I began safety shaving just over 2 years ago and, like many, started with Proraso. Loved it so much I stocked up on all. Along my shaving journey I of course discovered many other brands of soaps, some being 3 times the price. But even now, like this morning, I still have the odd Proraso rendezvous. It never fails. Also, because I still have a good stock of Proraso, I mix the creams. My current favourite which I recommend during the warm weather is a strip of blue and green. Refreshing and soothing.

I have the green and the red tub. I prefer the green, altough i find the scent and menthol strength quite weak (too weak for my liking). The red proraso (sandalwood) has also a very weak scent and i dont like it at all. It smells like the inside of my old aunts handbag. Luckily this scent is only light and i can use the soap.

I bought the Rasozero Agrumella soap hoping it would be a nice citrus smell ... But i find this also way too weak.

Do strong citrus (lime ...) soaps exist? If so, which soaps please? I am very disappointed in shaving soaps scentwise ... Needing help really :concern:

It's funny how apt the phrase "what goes around, comes around" is to traditional wet shaving.

After many years of trying the great and the good in the soap world I am right back to where I started - with a tube of Proraso Red cream and a tub of Proraso Green soap....

It just doesn't get any better than these two 🙂

Green White and Blue! - preshave, cream and balms for me (and the green splash of course) ...... will try the Azure lime trio when one of the first 3 run dry

Top Bottom