What's new

Proraso Appreciation Society!

I gotta say, I think the white cream scent blows away most other soaps I've tried. I feel like green and red gets the most kudos, but the white is so darn refreshing. Oatmeal and Green tea, however, I get lime notes dominating. I'm surprised I've never read others saying the same.

I gotta say, I think the white cream scent blows away most other soaps I've tried. I feel like green and red gets the most kudos, but the white is so darn refreshing. Oatmeal and Green tea, however, I get lime notes dominating. I'm surprised I've never read others saying the same.
I agree , I love all three , but I think the white is my favorite.

I enjoy the red in the colder months when the stronger sandalwood smell is not as overwhelming. In the winter, I prefer the white over the red. My favorite, though, is the blue. I tried the green, but was unimpressed by the scent as well as how little eucalyptus/camphor feel it seemed to have. The green makes a good travel soap in that if I lose it, I won't become too upset.

Enjoyed a thoroughly excellent shave today with Proraso Green! I'm also on the last dregs of this soap so that will be 3017'd in the next day or two. Proraso Red will be up next.

Happy shaves everyone!

IMG_20230831_124958516.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Alejandro1969:
I'm in...Proraso Sensitive for me.:thumbsup:

Some Background Info is needed here;

Williams was my first soap and after many, many years of using different soaps (i.e., ‘trail & error’), I finally found myself as a
VDH Deluxe man.

After quite a spell using Deluxe, I tried the Luxury Scented and then finally switched to Proaso Sensitive as my 'go to soap' and
1697682478437.png
what a difference!! :thumbsup:

Pictured is my Omega 10049 Professional Boar Brushes (bigger brush, larger knot, higher loft,...great for hands [i.e., bear claws
Bear_Claw-icon.png
]), like mine with the onset of getting older.😉

And my Sears & Roebuck® Catalog Ceramic Shaving Mug w/ 3in Knockout test (plumbers), cap as a Lid.

96F0BD77-178E-4009-9EBE-9C55B3E4AD67.jpeg

shaving-mug-with-brush-jpg.815763
"Don’t worry about the [lather] going dry; just load the [brush]…”. George “Mule” Suttles

Last edited:
Most of us love Proraso and there's no getting away from the fact it is great and it does make you feel good!
While the green and white have been around for a while now in tub form, the red has recently been produced in the tub!
Now, the burning question! Will the Blue with Aloe and Vitamin E make it to the tub also in the near future?
View attachment 312601 View attachment 312604
The Green with eucalyptus and menthol has a classic barber scent.
No shave den is complete without it!

View attachment 312602 View attachment 312605
The White is for sensitive skin and contains oat and green tea.
Try it, it's superb and the scent is lemon-like fresh.

View attachment 312607
Proraso Red Sandalwood and Shea Butter is the latest tub.
The scent is woody but the lather is superb.

So will this space contain Blue down the track? I hope so!
Well, it’s been ten years and no blue in a tub, yet.

Hello to all B&Brs,

Somehow over the years I've never stated my long-standing, fond appreciation of all things Proraso. It is therefore fitting that I now permanently reside in Italy and live not far from the Proraso home base of Firenze (Florence). To draw some contrast to it being a speciality product outside of Italia, it is available in practically all product lines in the supermarket. Thankfully, the "old school" soap, the rebranded Omega boar brush, and the tubes of cream are almost always available as well. It's often said "we want what we can't have", but despite the vast availability here, these products happily remain my daily drivers, specifically the "green" lines (sapone da barba, crema da barba & lozione dopobarba), as well as the boar brushes. Happy shaving to all!

I have one other Italian soap that I like a little better than Proraso, but it costs over three times as much!
I'm sure that I would be perfectly happy if all that was available was Proraso. :thumbsup:

White in the tub was my first ever shaving soap and nothing I’ve tried has beaten it to date. I would really like a shower soap with that identical clean, invigorating scent. I don’t suppose there are any recommendations? Do they happen to make shower soap?

Hello to all B&Brs,

Somehow over the years I've never stated my long-standing, fond appreciation of all things Proraso. It is therefore fitting that I now permanently reside in Italy and live not far from the Proraso home base of Firenze (Florence). To draw some contrast to it being a speciality product outside of Italia, it is available in practically all product lines in the supermarket. Thankfully, the "old school" soap, the rebranded Omega boar brush, and the tubes of cream are almost always available as well. It's often said "we want what we can't have", but despite the vast availability here, these products happily remain my daily drivers, specifically the "green" lines (sapone da barba, crema da barba & lozione dopobarba), as well as the boar brushes. Happy shaving to all!
I love Proraso Green. I used it this morning and it was wonderful as always.

proxy.php

I love Proraso Green. I used it this morning and it was wonderful as always.

I have boxes of soaps and creams in storage, so I'm reluctant to purchase anything other than what's essentially my go-to soap until I can access the rest of my shave den. At 2,55 € ($2.80 US) local price a tub, it tends to further justify buying it!

Used Proraso early on in my shaving days but went away from it as I tried other soaps and creams. Just picked up Super Formula Blue and Green tubes a couple of weeks back. They both are very nice performers. It has either gotten better or I just forgot how good Proraso is. I’m liking the Blue a tad better than the Green, but both are really good. Glad to have Proraso back in the den.

Used Proraso early on in my shaving days but went away from it as I tried other soaps and creams. Just picked up Super Formula Blue and Green tubes a couple of weeks back. They both are very nice performers. It has either gotten better or I just forgot how good Proraso is. I’m liking the Blue a tad better than the Green, but both are really good. Glad to have Proraso back in the den.
Proraso has always been good! :thumbsup:

Whenever I go for a bit without using Proraso Green or Red and then decide to break one out I always have the same thought. “Why don’t I use this everyday?”

Top Bottom