What's new

Properly Hydrated

So one thing I have learned with shaving is to have the beard properly hydrated for a better shave. So I was thinking.....

It is a known fact that most people are to an extent somewhat dehydrated due to lack of water consumption daily. I wonder if we drink our 8 glasses of water a day, could we get a better shave?

Ok im gonna stop thinking :biggrin:

I am assuming that you are joking? No way eight glasses per day would have any effect of the moisture content of beard hairs.... I drink probably three TIMES that each day (more some days) and I find no difference in the least.

I am assuming that you are joking? No way eight glasses per day would have any effect of the moisture content of beard hairs.... I drink probably three TIMES that each day (more some days) and I find no difference in the least.

if I drank twenty four glasses of water a day I would need to strap a porta potty to my back every morning before trudging off to work. :frown:

No folks, Budrbean is quite correct. Being properly hydrated means that the skin is going to be properly hydrated, which will reduce irritations. The hairs themselves will of course not get hydrated that way. In any case, one should be properly hydrated anyway.

Best - MM

Hair is not like grass, it doesn't suck up moisture through it's roots.

Now the idea of more water providing hydration to the hair could work if you are sweating enough of it out.

so, do you float through life on a tide of your own wee, or what? the whole '8-glasses-a-day' thing was debunked some time ago. drinking huge quantities of water has been found to damage your kidneys over time, actually...

cheers,

-L.

I was thinking about this last night while cooking. If 8 glasses a day of water helps hydrate, why not also lubricate?

The thought came to me while I was holding this giant quart size bottle of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. "Why not hydrate AND lubricate?" I thought.

So I chugged the entire liter or so of Bertolli, and chased it with a couple pints of Wesson and just before I went to bed, I pounded down a gallon of canola oil.

I'm spending a lot of time in the bathroom this morning. Soon, I think, I'll be able to get up from where I'm sitting and shave!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking about this last night while cooking. If 8 glasses a day of water helps hydrate, why not also lubricate?

The thought came to me while I was holding this giant quart size bottle of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. "Why not hydrate AND lubricate?" I thought.

So I chugged the entire liter or so of Bertolli, and chased it with a couple pints of Wesson and just before I went to bed, I pounded down a gallon of canola oil.

I'm spending a lot of time in the bathroom this morning. Soon, I think, I'll be able to get up from where I'm sitting and shave!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

or

you could just pop a fish oil capsule once a day. :wink:

*has mental image of myself having same internal discussion as I grasp bottle of olive oil, than slamming it back as my girlfriend walks through the door and stares, equal parts amazed at how idiotic I am and how unable she was of thinking more critically about choosing a life partner* :lol::lol::lol:

You won't have to shave... your whiskers are going to slide right out of your skin. :lol:

so, do you float through life on a tide of your own wee, or what? the whole '8-glasses-a-day' thing was debunked some time ago. drinking huge quantities of water has been found to damage your kidneys over time, actually...

cheers,

-L.

Moreover, a lot of vitamins and minerals dissolve in water. that is why drinking a lot of it is not great for the body as they are disposed before processed.

Years back, people though that a good way to get good longevity and sillage from an edt was to actually drink it.

I read a study recently that said that 2 liters of water a day for a non-active person should be sufficient at keeping the body hydrated. They did recommend 3 liters for people who workout to replace what is lost during sweating. Obviously you would want something to replace the minerals and salts as well. I have found that following that guideline keeps me feeling pretty good, and I do notice that when I shave at night my face is less irritated afterwards. However, I am waiting and watching for the next study to come out that tells me that 2 to 3 liters a day is bad for you. Granted what isn't these days. :biggrin:

Good idea...wonder if I could do it like a suppository....just insert and carry a sardine or herring around for a bit?

Just make sure its dead first. I've always heard you drink two liters a day, plus a liter for every hour you work out. Clear and copious always works-if theres a lot, and clear, then you're hydrated. Maybe even a little overhydrated.

Man I laughed so hard when I read that post. What a sense of humor you have!!! Pete

Top Bottom