What's new

Progress problem

Hey guys maybe some one can give me some advice on what to do. I bought a Merkur Progress, which I returned to the store. They sent it back to the factory and they sent me a new one. I still have the same problem one sides gap was more open then the other and even on the smallest stetting sub 1 you still see a gap on both side but more on the one side. Is this normal, I tried emailing DOVO but have not gotten any responses yet. I was really looking forward to using the Progress but I have been big time disappointed. Do I keep returning it untill I get a good one? This all seems to be a bit much.

When I was still using my Progress I had to make sure that I checked the gaps before I tightened the blade down. I found that I could move the blade while the head was still a bit loose and end up with even gaps, but it was definitely a manual process. I don't think the blade should move as much as it seems to. That's probably one reason I've been using my NEW since I got it and will likely unload the Progress at some point.

When I was still using my Progress I had to make sure that I checked the gaps before I tightened the blade down. I found that I could move the blade while the head was still a bit loose and end up with even gaps, but it was definitely a manual process.

This seems to be a usual and normal process when loading blades in my Mergress. To me, it's worth the 10 extra seconds it takes to properly load the blade. This is my goto razor and otherwise gives fantastic shaves.

Top Bottom