What's new

Pre-War Tech - Question

Just finally received this pre-War Tech.

I have a couple questions:

1) I saw them with the cap bar running all the way across, and a 2-piece bar like the one I got (not visible in the photo, but the underside of caps has two bars on either side of the threaded rod, with space between bars and the rod).Were they made at different times, and is it possible to narrow the date range that way ?

2) I've seen conflicting statements on when they were produced - 1939 to 1941, or 1938 to 1945. As I understand, after 1941, all Techs were made for the US military contracts ? Would this mean that what I have was made before 1942 ?

IMG_3320.jpeg
IMG_3317.jpeg

As I understand, after 1941, all Techs were made for the US military contracts ?
Wasn't this was an 18 month period around June 1942 to Feb 1944?
I'm not sure if the full length/twin pin cap can give a more specific date without a case/og blades.
It was probably produced before mid 42, but could easily be from 44-45. Maybe someone knows more...

Thanks. I assume pre-1942 is most likely.

This razor is a very different beast than the 1960 Post-War one I also bought. Much more aggressive (but still a pleasant shaver). And the handle is much more comfortable than the ball-end. This particular handle is damaged, looks like someone grabbed the end with pliers at some point or dropped it a couple times. If I ever decide to have it replated, I’d need a different handle. Or just keep this one and consider it added character…

Last edited:
Top Bottom