What's new

PP Buyer Protection Program...

I'm not holding my breath but what are the chances of getting anything back from PayPal's Buyer Protection Program for an item not received but paid for through e-bay.
Has anyone experienced an item not received and had to open a dispute with e-bay and PP followed by a claim.

I haven't had the issue so far. However, with that said, I bought something off of Ebay on April 7 and paid immediately and still have not received the item. I have sent four emails to the seller and I get no response. I checked the feedback before I purchased and it seemed fine. I checked it yesterday and there are six recent negatives all saying the same thing. The seller then responds with a negative for the buyer saying He didn't get any messages from the buyer. :mad:

This thread comes up at a good time though, because I was wondering how to proceed myself.

I haven't had the issue so far. However, with that said, I bought something off of Ebay on April 7 and paid immediately and still have not received the item. I have sent four emails to the seller and I get no response. I checked the feedback before I purchased and it seemed fine. I checked it yesterday and there are six recent negatives all saying the same thing. The seller then responds with a negative for the buyer saying He didn't get any messages from the buyer. :mad:

This thread comes up at a good time though, because I was wondering how to proceed myself.

If you send it through e-bay's inbox/outbox then there's no denying and you have proof.

I had a similar experience once with a buyer that left negative feedback just to hurt the sellers (me included) and I contaced e-bay with proof of leaving negative feedback just for the purpose of joy I guess and they removed it. They also closed the person's account.

But this will be my first time in 6 years that I will need to file a claim for an item not received. Same here, 4 e-mails through e-bay, tried calling the buyer's phone nr and it's not in service,...It's $30.00 so in the worst case scenario if I don't get it back it's not much considering 6 years of buying/selling on e-bay.

Buyer protection is much more significant than seller protection (which sucks).
Start the complaint process with eBay if you don't get any response in a few days then go to Paypal. They will put a hold on the guys account in no time.

One time, I had paid for an eBay item using payPal, but received nothing from the seller. PayPal asked that I try to contact the seller through eBay to resolve the issue. Once that did not work, PayPal gave me a full refund.

-Clarke

Well, I had no choice but after 2 weeks of not receiving an item I finally started the dispute with e-bay which automatically had me open the PayPal dispute. That part went very smooth. Don't know about the outcome but we'll see.

Top Bottom