What's new

Possibilities with Laser etching

Folks, as many of you know I have been playing around with laser etching and I wanted to give you folks a couple examples of what can be done. These are not the best pictures as I shot them at my desk with a cheapo camera and poor lighting.
Lady Liberty is on Aluminum.
The Porsche is on black plastic (thinking scales)
The rest are done on carbon steel.

that is so very cool. How expensive would it be to have something like that done?

I have been working with one of the fellows here to come up with some pricing. It is a little work as we our a design and manufactuing company of these machines and not in the business of operating them. We are hoping to have a better handle on this in the next few weeks.

Oh you are designing these machines too? Very cool. Keep us updated, I would love to have some custom work done when you are ready for that! Thanks!
Rodd

Wow there awesome. Would be awesome to get laser etching done on some razors. When you find out what the pricing would be please let us know :001_smile

Swiftsteel

Man, if you ever decide to take orders for etching I have about 15 razors that could use some love. Seriously.

That lady devil would look pretty cool on a red imp no.133 I have...

since lasers can also cut medium like wood would it be possible to produce scales directly from 1/8 in thick sheets and then just have to finish them with CA or a protective coating (minwax, etc.)?

since lasers can also cut medium like wood would it be possible to produce scales directly from 1/8 in thick sheets and then just have to finish them with CA or a protective coating (minwax, etc.)?

I'm am sure it is. Our lasers are not only used for steel but most mediums such as paper and wood, plastics as well.
We have a customer who cuts doll house kits and furniture that you can buy to assemble. So yes it could be done esaily.

trumph has come along way since I worked with their lasers. very impressive stuff.

Cheers,
Sean

We claimed the #1 positon in North America in 2005 and this past November we claimed #1 in the world for laser system.

Big thumbs up to the laser etched devil-ladies. They would make me want to but a zippo lighter and start smoking. I guess that's the point, huh.

I can do this cutting and etching at school, but we have to use 2d design which i dont like using much.

Good work.

Matt

Big thumbs up to the laser etched devil-ladies. They would make me want to but a zippo lighter and start smoking. I guess that's the point, huh.

You don't need to smoke to carry a Zippo. I carried one for many years mostly to be able to light a ladies cigareette or cigar if she needed it. Never worked of course, but still. I also noted that there were many times a Zippo would have helped MacGyver, and it made a nice addition to my Wenger Swiss Army Knife.

Yes good eyes, we did this as a test sample for zippo. They are among our customer list.

That is so cool. Zippo is an awesome company. I wish I could remember where I saw that design. I had a Zippo on order when I left that message, and I thought it was that one, but it was a lady w/ a Kit Raye sword. Did that one ever go into production, or did I take a golden BB shot?

That is incredible!! If you do decide to do some laser-etching on the side, I would absolutely be interested. And as a side note, I spent about 2 hours today scouring the web for a Zippo with that she-devil design, because that I think that would absolutely replace the Zippo I carry around daily, but I came up empty handed.

That is incredible!! If you do decide to do some laser-etching on the side, I would absolutely be interested. And as a side note, I spent about 2 hours today scouring the web for a Zippo with that she-devil design, because that I think that would absolutely replace the Zippo I carry around daily, but I came up empty handed.

Darn. I gave up my search b/c I was sure I had seen that design. But since someone else out there is on the hunt for it too, I can't rest until I find it, or pass out. I'll keep you updated.

Top Bottom