Personna Med Prep Blade (2)
Rooney 1/1 Best Badger Brush,
Arko shave soap w/ hot water lather,
Finish with cold water rinse. DFS!

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 25mm Custom Shavemac D01 SIlvertip Badger
Razor: 7/8" Leresche "Le Lumineux" Frameback, Spanish Point/Barber's Notch
Honing Regimen:
Naniwa 1k, Chosera 2k/5k/10k, Nakayama Kiita/Asagi hybrid w/ Tomonagura progression.
Strop: 20/30/65 (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Horsehide Rough leather / Imperial Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Tabac Shave Creme + Tabac Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Lotion: Tabac AS
Cologne: Tabac EdT
Results: I won this Leresche awhile ago, but in all the excitement of taking her apart to polish and clean her up, I lost the screw
proxy.php
. And sure enough, they do not make the kind of screws that would match it today. So, she was just sitting in her box, unused in the hopes that her owner would find a suitable screw and put Humpty Dumpty back together again....Finally ~5 months later, I decided it was time for drastic measures...The barrel had to be re-thread to a setscrew suitable for today. This is where my buddy Rene (aka, nicknbleeding) came to the rescue. He re-thread her and sent her back to me (thanks Rene
proxy.php
). The razor appreciates it...More than that, I appreciate it. Now, she has a 4mm screw holding the blade in and was honed up using my latest regimen. I must say that I was pleasantly stunned at the keenness and smoothness of her edge. She is no doubt a total 10 all across. Zero irritation all the way
proxy.php
. It's like this steel was made specifically for this face. One of the best shaves of my life. The Tabac power play was an equally sure bet; wonderful lather with an intoxicating scent that takes me way back to my childhood when grandpa used the AS/cologne after a good shave.

proxy.php

Have a SMASHING Sunday gentlemen
proxy.php

Sunday AM

Merkur HD/Walmart Wilkinson
G5
Vintage (02-03) Williams
Mohawk 3-338 with a pure knot
Cold water splash
Floid Suave splash

Got a decent Wilkinson blade shave this morning. Maybe this is a serviceable blade.

For this final day of the Portuguese week, I have gathered all my Portuguese relatives :wink2:

Sunday

Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue Owners Club 2-band
6/8" J. H. Potter's NON-XLL

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Have a nice Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

This morning:

- Grandpa's Pine Tar Wonder Soap
- Proraso Crema Pre & Dopo Barba
- O Melhor Creme de Barbear
- Semogue LE 2010
- Mulcuto Schrägschnitthobel with SuperMax Super Stainless (1)
- O Melhor After Shave Bálsamo

Indoor:
proxy.php

Outdoor:
proxy.php

Sunday, August 7, 2011
  • Prep: Hot shower, hand strop blade
  • Lather: C.O. Bigelow, glycerin
  • Brush: Frank Shaving Fine Badger
  • Razor: Gem Featherweight
  • Blade: Walgreen's Gem (7), 3 passes
  • Post: WH + alum splash, Aqua-Velva Ice Blue, hand strop blade
  • a completely cold water shave
What a wonderful thing to start shaving with the goal of a CCS & end up with a DFS! everything about today's shave was designed to be as comfortable as possible as I'm still healing from some bad razor burn in a couple spots. I wasn't expecting this close of a shave with the Featherweight so I'm quite impressed. No irritation, not even on the "burn spots"! Not a single weeper either. Just what I needed this Sunday morning before church.

Last edited:
Hardware:
  • Gillette Fat Boy
  • Derby blade
  • B&B 2009 Limited Edition, butterscotch handle
  • Weller bowl

Software:
  • Pre de Provence soap
  • Witch hazel
  • Mennen Skin Bracer AS
  • Nivea Sensitive ASB

Sunday 08-07-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Feather vintage razor - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre La Chinata - Tabula Rasa Koriander & Bergamotte shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

proxy.php

Saturday - didn't shave

Sunday

6/8 Army & Navy Toilet Club
Speick stick
Kent BK4
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Musk AS

Sunday Evening:

TI Super with horn handle
T&H Grafton
TI 7/8" "Oakwing G"
TOBS Alum Block
Thayer's unscented WH with Aloe
Pinaud Clubman

Saturday

Wedding day shave - I guess this says a lot about what products you really like using:

Muhle R89 with Derby
Simpson CH1 three banded super
Fitjar shave cream: Miklagard
jojoba oil with sandalwood EO

The shave was close, comfortable, felt great and left me smiling, just like the rest of my evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom