What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - Monday April 24th, 2023 to Sunday April 30th, 2023 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

This weekโ€™s SOTD Theme is โ€œEuropeโ€.

I have only been been in Europe 3x in my life and all 3 trips were in the last 9 months. To say I love and miss Europe is an understatement! The food, the people, the history... and the shaving gear!

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in Europe. Show us your Italian shaving soaps, Portuguese brushes, Greek BIC blades and razors/aftershaves/colognes made in Europe! Do you love Areffa shaving soaps from Ukraine as much as I do? Show us a pic. Do you love your made in Portugal Tatara razor? We want to see it!

Do you have an Icelandic shaving soap? A shaving brush made in Luxembourg? A Romanian made straight razor? Please show us! Europe is huge and diverse, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing European? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week! Do you want to tell us about a recent European vacation of share some non-shaving related images? Perfect! Is your favourite song The Final Countdown by Europe? Thatโ€™s super weird, but cool too!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme.

Letโ€™s see your European shaving gear!

87D29039-75E2-44AA-8EDB-2387C116D444.png

64BC339C-2B29-4228-AE88-352E08459BB2.png

8741A042-7726-4F24-B920-74FF2CE11CC7.png

1682279029564.jpeg
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: SuperMax Sunrise (D1)
Brush: Shavemac 277 Silvertip 32mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5ยฝโ€ Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: Krampertโ€™s Frostbite
โ€‹
ย 
SOTS 24-Apr
20230401_123459.jpg

Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: SS Valentia
Razor: Shield GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE

Wonderful shave this morning, the signature soap exploding into lather aided by the Highlander brush. Probably had enough for another few passes left in the brush as well. Always impressed by this stuff, excellent volume brilliant slickness and the scent is cracking.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
ย 
Date24.04.2023
365 daily shaves / GRUYERE114/365 (100%)
GRUME April / Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC) / Vintage April
24/30 (100%)

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Super Adjustable
Wilkinson Sword (8) ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บDVH Synthetic ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ
SoapPasses
2ยฝ:here
3:here
4:here
Pre- & Post-shave
TGS Amber Fougere ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บWXTG
XWTG
ATG
Cold splash

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9/10 (onee nick)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS)7/10 (comfortable)

Notes to todayโ€™s shave:

The one holding the razor is also European.

A honorary shave today to celebrate the life of my LOTHโ€™s late friend whose service will take place later today.

For detailed shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9CF4D104-D654-4425-A3DF-BDC6A5E56F87.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette J4 Slim.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.
ย 
Mon 24
Soap Shannon's Soap Pineapple Banana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
The soap's lather, brush, and splash combination were fantastic!
The shave with this razor was nice enough in 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230424_144731.jpg
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin Lotus
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I am using my Paladin Lotus. This was the latest Paladin brush I bought before ordering two Contributor brushes. I got this one on the BST โ€“ and it is the only one I did not get directly from Paladin. I really like the look of this brush. Plus, since I am a fan of larger brushes it fills my needs. The Timeless/Med Prep combo is on its 5th use and I still going strong. The MdC soap is on its 84th use. The shave was close and smooth. The Everyman Jack ASB also is going strong. I use very little of this ASB on my face and neck to moisturize my face and head. It is a great value, IMHO. Have a great day and week, folks
ย 
Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Thater LE 5
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayerโ€™s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.