What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - Monday April 24th, 2023 to Sunday April 30th, 2023 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 29 Europen Week
Soap
Tcheon Fung Sing Tabacum Crepito
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 "Steamship" Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
This soap was long ignored (3 years) but today's lather whip-up by the excellent brush was good...the splash is even better!!
This razor's best performance today! Spend time putting it through the ark then roo leather resulting in a buttery smooth, crisp edge, and with the razor's weight, 3 very satisfying passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230429_112911.jpg
ย 
Saturday, April 29, 2023.

Floรฏd oil pre shave. Taylor of Old Bond Street, Royal Forest: Shaving Cream, lotion & balm aftershave. El Druida, synthetic hair, green amphora. Jose Monserrat Pou, Filarmรณnica 14, Doble Temple, Pepper jade kirinite custom scales.

IMG_4732.jpeg
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin Chief
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti ++
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Going with another large brush today: my Paladin Chief. This is a large brush that is perfect for my four-pass face and two-pass head shave. I never have to worry about not having enough lather with this brush! Like all Paladin brushes it feels great and performs perfectly. This is the third shave with the Henson/Kai combo. The resulting shave was close and smooth. The MdC soap is on its 89th use. A perfect shave. Have a great day.
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, April 29th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Mellon 316SS 2nd generation razor head with the tear drop 316L (old cannon looking)polished handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range, well made with accurate machining and great polished finish. The audio feedback this morning was nice (sounded like a sizzling noise of whiskers standing no chance:001_wub:). There is no blade tab overhang to worry about and the shave was mostly carefree with some attention needed in sensitive areas.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (5)- sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Emperor, sharp scent 5-6/10 with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Mellon 316L SS head with a GSB blade.
SOTD April 29 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Last edited:
29 April, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz) 1
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentlemanโ€™s Nod: Ernest ( C4 )
Fragrance: Tabac Vert

a truly wonderful shave.. the 'Nod' really is an 'elite' level soap, and the Lodz Pollie gives such a smooth shave.. it really is a shame that it can no longer be found, and wIth the demise of the Polsilver S.I, my stash of both will hopefully keep me going for a few years....
ย 
SOTD APRIL 29
April 2023 GRUME
SV Saturday

Hello friends

Saturday is beautiful around here. So I plucked up courage and got bold: Green Cult 2.0 baseplate IV to tackle my three-day stubble. What a shave! I arrived easily on a BBS with three passes, without any cuts or injuries. I didn't use alum, but I finished it off with the wonderful Floรฏd Genuine, without feeling any burning sensation.
The soap was Saponificio Varesino Desesrt Vetiver, lathered by the great (literally) Omega 48 Pro. The Perma-Sharp blade (4) was efficient and smooth as ever.

On this fantastic journey, my old friend Johnny Hartman.

I'm laughing for nothing, my friends.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

73B84DA3-D6EA-44AD-BF83-B1E63842C7BD.jpeg
IMG_8146.jpeg
ย 
4/30/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tribute Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tribute Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Ariana & Evans Empyrean Bay Rum Soap (Ultima) for VIP Members
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Star Wisp 26mm Stygian Synth Hybrid Knot Shave Brush
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Above the Tie Windsor DE Razor CH1 Copper Base Plate with Satin Matte Finish Calypso Handle and Cap
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
Hendrix Classics & Co. The Royal Soft Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Ariana & Evans Empyrean Bay Rum Splash (Ultima) for VIP Members
Lรธthur Grooming - Daily Hydrating Gel Moisturiser
Ariana & Evans All Natural Deodorant with Himalayan Pink Salt
Ariana & Evans All Natural Hybrid Beer Pomade - Charred Sandalwood & Bourbon (firm hold)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!
โ€‹
A IMG_3246.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.