• Unicot

• Dilucot

• Tricot

• Quadracot

• Articot

Results are only viewable after voting.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Without arguing (I know- that'll be the day) which coticule method do you prefer?

Last two choices named after former girlfriends.

Last edited:
Dilucot for me, but I recently ran into a problem razor that is giving me the fits and might have to try a unicot on it. Through a quadracot on my ex-GF sounds good too....

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Dilucot all the way. But, I too have an issue with a razor, and instead of going back to the dilucot, I may throw on some layers of tape and do the unicot. But as of the moment, im 100% dilucot.

Always dilucot. I've been told all my life that I'm stubborn...

Edit: That said, I would use unicot in cases where I'm struggling if I were less stubborn.

Dilucot but that's coming from a guy who's never tried Unicot. I've honed two razors successfully using the Dilucot method, so I guess I'll stick with it for the time being.

...Ray
(Trilucot does remind me a chick I dated once...)

I'm still having trouble with the Dilucot method and haven't had the time to sit down and practice it so i usually just do a Unicot to get my razors shave ready for now.

I am both new to honing and stubborn as well so it is Dilucot for me, although I have tried the Unicot and got decent results. But I figure the only way to learn Dilucot properly is to practice it.

"Ain't nothing to it but to do it" as a buddy in school would say.

I could go for a Tricot :thumbup:.

I am not surprised by the results of the poll thus far. I think it is important to remind ourselves that results are what matter. Unicot is just as valid a way to sharpen a straight razor as any.

I refuse to answer this thread.
If we aren't allowed to insult each other, throw stones or pick on everone around us & their mother, it's not a valid coticule thread :mad3:

But, if someone would start a flame-war right here, my answer would be that I use dilucot for most blades, except wedges & Swedish framebacks with a brass spine. Those are far better of with a layer of tape.

For wedges I usually set bevel with 1 layer of tape & finish with 2.

But, if someone would start a flame-war right here, my answer would be that I use dilucot for most blades, except wedges & Swedish framebacks with a brass spine. Those are far better of with a layer of tape.

Dilucot can be done with tape. It's just the additional tape at the end that makes unicot (unless that's what you meant).

Top Bottom