What's new

Polished Stainless "slant" that won't break the bank?

I am looking at the Yaqi 316 Slant that @Ron R posts about. I only see it in a Matte finish.

I am looking for a POLISHED SLANT that isn't super aggressive or super blade forward. I want something more "middle of the road" that will still clean up whiskers without drama or bloodletting. I have found, the Yaqi POLISHED razors simply work better for me than the MATTE versions so, while matte works acceptably, at this point, I intend to only buy polished razors from them.

I am wondering what other 'slant' razors should I consider in the mid-range price class. I am on a real SE razor binge and one of the things I really like is the stiff blade, so no blade chatter. I also get a lot more life out of each blade, which is more expensive to buy and is not as widely available as well. For travel, I want to add a SLANT DE razor head to my Yaqi Romulus.

My target price range is ~$50 for the head or a bit more for a complete razor.

TIA,
Sid

Not really interested in the Chromed Zamak options but, I might get one that is highly recommended to try.

Not really interested in the Chromed Zamak options but, I might get one that is highly recommended to try.
For silly inexpensive, I really love my Razorock German 37 (chromed zamak). Bought mine on a flash sale for under $20 on a SS Super Knurl handle. (pictured on my titanium Halo handle) Really delivers a nice shave that is amazingly easy on my skin.

IMG_2538.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
There is no good SS slant head around $ 50. I suggest going with the Razorock L3 OC. There are slightly cheaper SS slants from DSCosmetic and others, but not significantly so. The RazoRock L-Slant series is very good.

There are still the Fatip Slants if you want to try something that isn't made of stainless steel.

There is no good SS slant head around $ 50. I suggest going with the Razorock L3 OC. There are slightly cheaper SS slants from DSCosmetic and others, but not significantly so. The RazoRock L-Slant series is very good.

There are still the Fatip Slants if you want to try something that isn't made of stainless steel.

If I had any order coming from the EU, I would throw one of the Fatip Slants in and give it a spin. If I end up waffling and put the order off, that is a likely option for me to try. THANKS!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
There are some great slants for less moolah, but if you want polished stainless you get to pay the "beauty tax." :)

The FOCS is one. A nice brass OC slant (there is an SB version as well). The Phoenix "Monster" series slants as well as their "Filament" are inexpensive, in ABS plastic. The RazoRock German 37 is a pretty decent clone of the Merkur 37.

The ones I've pointed out are (except for the G37) not some kind of clone/mashup/homage to/take on a Merkur. Nothing against Merkur but there are other slants on the market that look different.

I'm a big fan of the RazoRock Superslant design. I like both the L3SB and the L2OC -- I've found them to be essentially the same level of aggression. I like OC razors but not super-aggressive ones. Lots of experience with the system on here now, so you can find some decent guidance to setting one up.

Finally, keep an eye on the BST. Slants show up on there occasionally. There are some very fine recent designs that are no longer made, such as the ATT S1, S2 or X1; or the RazoRock Stealth slants; or the iKon Shavecraft 102 or of course you may spot a vintage slant up for grabs.

O.H.

Top Bottom