What's new

Polished rockwell

It's the holidays...and here's my final "version" of the newly polished 6S. Realizing, of course, that you can spend endless hours polishing and re-polishing; the Dremel can be hopelessly addictive. But at least now, the Rockwell 6S looks kind of nice. Thanks to larzone for the tips!

View attachment 938047 View attachment 938048
Looks beautiful! Great work and glad I encouraged you to take the step. Hard work but it does pay off!

I'm late to the thread but I can attest the razor is smoother after polishing. I'm working on my cap, and one plate. I couldnt find the Dremel pieces I wanted but I've got loads of smooth grit paper.
I'm using a few things - the very fine small polishing pads - some car polishes - and some gritty paste that I used to clean pipe stems with. I don't think I'll ever get it to the point where you guys are. Nice work.

Looks like I've got some options on this polish project. Hmm where to start,I've got the wet dry sandpaper .a Dremel. I'm I'm sure about what kind of Polish or compound I could use.

I don't know about larzone, but I bought a package of rouge and used the Green (Stainless) and then final polished with the Red (Jewelers) compounds using my Dremel and half a dozen or so polishing/buffing wheels.

The handle was the most difficult, as the rouge stuck between the diamond knurling, but dropping it into the ultrasonic took it right off, leaving it bright and shiny.

Well worth the effort, as I'll swear mine seems to glide smoother than unpolished and makes Rocky a real looker.
@cyberdog I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering about polishing this 6S. I'm born during where you got the polishing rubbing compound s, of used and have a little bit for cars but don't know which ones for metal.thanks

Top Bottom