What's new

Please help me decide which SE to try

I went pretty well full circle on this one. I avoided the Gem open comb micromatic - OCMM SE razor due to its aggressive notoriety and as a result I used or tested pretty well every common single edge razor out there and just one spin on the OCMM as my last se razor to test and I was hooked to it! So I have been pretty well much shaving with my Gem OCMM for over a year as my daily razor and I have not once been cut by it..touch wood. I highly recommend the Gem OCMM and maybe you can give it a try too?!

My favorite SE razor is the Gem Damaskeene. Incredibly smooth shaver. The Gem 1924 is also fantastic just more aggressive.

If I'm not mistaken the 1924 is an Ever-Ready, not a Gem, though it shaves "like a gem." I highly recommend the Ever-Ready 1924, as a slightly aggressive SE razor from the 1920's.

Last edited:
Good to hear you have a 1912 on the way. You can go ahead and stop looking. I have tried a 1914, Featherweight, Gbar, and a Streamline. The 1912 is the only SE that remains. I prefer the early curved/small head version.

Top Bottom