What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

SotE in an Eltang Basic
EAB82E91-A57A-44F4-81A9-2BF3BE7900EC.jpeg

Great Outdoors in a new Peterson Killarney 230. Haven't had much success with the 230 shape in the past. Narrow bowl with interesting dimensions. Too, Peterson often damages the internal stem on full bent pipes. This one is quite restricted but turned out to be functional though a pipe cleaner will only pass in one direction. Sure wish they would teach the lads how to properly bend a stem without crushing the passage.

E50C5B0A-611F-413B-97C5-15EF46168D8C.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
These two nail it for me. If I'm "working" on associations, instead of just letting the bowl happen, I'm missing out on the magic of the pipe. When I'm enjoying a bowl properly, my mind is roaming free, not being held captive by things in my immediate awareness. The pipe should work for me, not the other way around.

I realise that might sound a bit pretentious. It's not intended to be. In fact I often have no idea what I'm smoking. As my "live blend" tins just say, "Aro", "Vir/Per", "Misc" etc, I frequently forget what blend is actually in it. Today, I'm smoking my Falcon with whatever is in the Aro tin. I think it's GH American Delite, but I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I'm enjoying it, and my mind is free to roam.
Yes, that is exactly it. The pipe sets your mind free for a bit. Very therapeutic in my opinion.

I finally got my office at the church completely cleared out and the computer scrubbed. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in 14.5 years of a vocation, especially one that is book centric. Now I am completely retired. So for some smokes to mark the occasion. Up first is Wilke Lizzie Blood Red Virginia in an Abe Herbaugh brandy with a bamboo shank. Next is Pembroke in the Askwith Morta. Finally G.L. Pease Spark Plug in a Savinelli Siena 320 KS.

Top Bottom