What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

It's a blend he made. You can buy leaf in bulk and make your own blends. This one is a VaPer with a rum casing I believe.
Yes, that particular blend (which was my favorite of that first group of experiments) is 8 parts VA to 1 part perique, with a dash of rum as a binder. The VA was McClelland 5100, though - a great red VA bulk which is sadly no longer available.

The very last of it...

20200512_154714.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yes, that particular blend (which was my favorite of that first group of experiments) is 8 parts VA to 1 part perique, with a dash of rum as a binder. The VA was McClelland 5100, though - a great red VA bulk which is sadly no longer available.

Isn’t it amazing how good 5100 is, though at the time it was just another ho-hum bulk blend. Today you could tin it up in 2oz tins and sell it as a premium I think.

Isn’t it amazing how good 5100 is, though at the time it was just another ho-hum bulk blend. Today you could tin it up in 2oz tins and sell it as a premium I think.
Probably so. All the McClelland red VAs were dynamite. Glad I laid in stock.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Probably so. All the McClelland red VAs were dynamite. Glad I laid in stock.

I had contemplated buying a few pounds but there was always some other blend to buy. Who woulda thunk McClelland would close shop?

Well, I missed the Zoom gathering Monday. Work, work and more work. I guess under the current situation it's nice to really be an important part of the workforce.
Got today off, sitting on the patio with a cob, some well-aged LNF and refreshments.
20200513_164026.jpg

I haven't had Latakia in probably 2 years. So I decided to look through my cellar and found a small container of Arango Balkan Supreme that was sealed in January 2018. Not a huge amount of time by cellaring standards, but I think it is starting to mellow out. I liked it enough that I had a bowl from each of my lat dedicated pipes, a Briarworks and a Sav. They both needed some love!
20200515_134413.jpg
wa

Top Bottom