What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

HH Pure Va, first smoke with the Newgrange Spigot.
View attachment 982687
View attachment 982834
Inspired to break out the spigot
Did someone say spigot? :a29:

20190521_210818.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Has anyone had both HH Pure Virginia and the now no longer available HH Mature Virginia? How do they compare?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Never had a chance to try the HH Mature Va. And have not yet cracked my tin of Pure.

Today was a Gnarly Bones and Cult BRM mixed with HH Burley Kake.

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
A bit of Coniston cut plug a Tinsky billiard. I guess I was feeling floral today . . . I mean I started the day with a little Lilac Vegital. I don't really think I'd smoke something that tastes like cat's urine but I personally don't associate Vegital or the Lakeland dressing with that at all.

I understand there is some ghosting with this blend . . . but so be it. This Tinsky will be for Lakelands and/or things like Squadron Leader for the next little while.

May 22 . . . danged if I've not seen a couple of Mosquitoes. Canada eh. Flipping cold or eaten by bugs. Still I'm enjoying not watching the news or for that matter much TV at all.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Tell me if I'm way wrong. I think Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired might be something I want to try along the same line of a smokey blend. I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Tell me if I'm way wrong. I think Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired might be something I want to try along the same line of a smokey blend. I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

HH Dark Fired is smoky with the Va’s adding to the flavor. I have a pound stashed.

GH Dark Birdseye also has that smoky flavor. It’s semi one dimensional but is great for a morning-drive-to-work smoke as the shag cut packs easy and smokes down to ash.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
ODF is good stuff, but I like Bold Kentucky better. It's a heavy handed dark fired flake.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Has anyone had both HH Pure Virginia and the now no longer available HH Mature Virginia? How do they compare?

They’re pretty different. Both quality for sure, but different flavor profiles altogether. The HH Mature Virginia is full of flavors of olives, mushrooms, and raisins. The HH Pure Virginia is grass and bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom