What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Yeah - that's a beauty, Clint. Meant to comment earlier, but got distracted. I try to go by the rule of 3 pipes per maker/brand/artisan, but if I could stretch that rule (and might) it would be a Tinsky...

Thanks! I blew right through that 3 pipe rule a long time ago, when it comes to my Tinsky assortment. With the exception of 3 Larryssons, 1 Paulsson, and 3 meers, Mark’s the only artisan pipe maker I have bought from. I don’t consider myself to be a collector - just a pipe smoker who appreciates a good pipe. I’m not knowledgeable enough about the different makers to avoid buying a disaster. Once I smoked my first Tinsky, I didn’t see how anyone could do a better job, so I’ve stuck with him. I haven’t bought a pipe in a couple of months now. After my last purchase of a set of 7 from him, hopefully I’ve bumped up against the stops on my PAD. I guess time will tell. Thanks again for the compliment.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

HH Burley Flake in a Tangerine Stack Poker

I forgot to comment when I first read your post. How much better does it get? The oldest I have is a little over three years old.
Erik, it gets more complex and a bit sweeter. It isn't a very complex blend to begin with. But the added age brings out nuances that weren't evident when younger. I am glad I have a bunch of tins stashed away. This is good stuff. Not the best VA out there, but damn good.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Gee, MM965 is kinda yummy with a year of age on it. Sweeter and milder than I remember it to be. Hope the rumors are true and STG brings it back!

I can't even remember the last bowl i smoked. At least a week ago. Remedying that situation with Salty Dogs in my Pohlmann...

20190419_141053.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Inspired by @Price, I went with the Polhmann volcano with 2009 Solani Gold.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom