What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Follow up bowl in the other new savinelli 616. Luxury navy flake

20210709_165909.jpg

I like that 616!

This afternoon I lit up some Half & Half mixed with Edgeworth Match in my sandblasted Savinelli billiard from the '80s. It's pretty good sized, so a 30-minute smoke (albeit with 2 relights) is about right for that pipe.

With my Peterson 307 this morning, I had a 30-minute conversation with Sir Walter's cousin R.O. Matic. I couldn't understand his 16th-century English, but I enjoyed the smoke to start the day.

Last night I planned to smoke my thick-walled '80s Lorenzo sitter. But for some reason, when I got up, the 307 was in my mind's eye. It doesn't mean I dislike the Lorenzo, not by any stretch, but I've noticed I smoke it less since my return to piping than I did in the old days. I guess my tastes in pipe shapes and sizes have indeed changed.

This morning at my desk, I puffed some Gentleman Caller in the MM hardwood I bought for it. No doubt I didn't dry the leaf enough, as I couldn't keep it (or the Edward G. I followed it with) lit for long. Note to self: 20-30 minutes' drying time minimum!

Top Bottom