What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
First taste of C&D Small Batch Sansepolcro. It's a little rough around the edges with a lot of potential for future gains by allowing time to do its thing. Ultimately I'm glad I have some cellared. Even if the young stuff is lacking compared to the initial quality of the Carolina Red Flake with Perique Small Batch...
View attachment 1110177

6 months in a jar will do wonders if it’s anything like the last batch.

BBF in a modded cob tonight.

Ship's schedule is ramping up a bit in the near future, so I'm afraid I'll be a bit scarce around here for a while. Rest assured, I'm well-provisioned with tasty things to smoke, just won't have much opportunity to post.
"There goes Cheif going to smoke his pipe. He thinks he's Popeye." "Ever try it young sailor?" "No. Smoking pipes is for old men." "Want to try it? I have a new cob to enable fine young sailors to enjoy life to the fullest." "Ok, thanks Chief!"

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Match Elizabethan (Va/Per) in a GBD this AM and likely throughout the day. I am mostly Burley oriented but this one suits me just fine. It is a very full balanced blend but a bit Perique forward. I’m preferring this over Orlik Golden Flake. I don’t believe you could get this to bite if you tried.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Some 4 yr old Ashley’s No 88 Matured Dark VA in my Tsuge Miziki.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I had a bowl of HH Rustica on a full stomach and I can still feel the nicotine a half hour later...not for the faint of heart! Flavor is good, a nice meaty tobacco flavor. I expected it to be spicy but it really wasn't. Just a nice meaty tobacco almost like a mixture of Peterson's Irish Flake and Solani Aged Burley maybe? It's good, but I'll have to limit its use to days when I only plan on having one bowl and right after a meal. It's potent stuff. Definitely a small bowl, every once in awhile smoke for me.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I had a bowl of HH Rustica on a full stomach and I can still feel the nicotine a half hour later...not for the faint of heart! Flavor is good, a nice meaty tobacco flavor. I expected it to be spicy but it really wasn't. Just a nice meaty tobacco almost like a mixture of Peterson's Irish Flake and Solani Aged Burley maybe? It's good, but I'll have to limit its use to days when I only plan on having one bowl and right after a meal. It's potent stuff. Definitely a small bowl, every once in awhile smoke for me.

There are similar tasting blends out there like Dark Plug/Flake maybe, but what got me was the underlying Va flavor that would just barely make itself known. For me that made it a unique blend.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

Talking of Rustica, Toque sell it in snuff form. They sell it with the assumption that it will be used to bump up the nicotine level on other snuffs, but some folks do use it neat. If you try it neat, strap yourself in, and have the defibrillator on standby, because it'll probably be like smoking that stuff in your largest pipe, while chewing some twist. :devil:

brandaves

Talking of Rustica, Toque sell it in snuff form. They sell it with the assumption that it will be used to bump up the nicotine level on other snuffs, but some folks do use it neat. If you try it neat, strap yourself in, and have the defibrillator on standby, because it'll probably be like smoking that stuff in your largest pipe, while chewing some twist. :devil:
I have some on order...I'll be using it as a blending tobacco only. Even then I can't see using above 10%. It is remarkably strong!

brandaves

There are similar tasting blends out there like Dark Plug/Flake maybe, but what got me was the underlying Va flavor that would just barely make itself known. For me that made it a unique blend.
It is quite unique. I can't say I got many Virginia notes in my experience, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I just didn't detect any personally. It was a good tobacco flavored blend for me. Less in the Virginia category then the Burley type category for me.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It is quite unique. I can't say I got many Virginia notes in my experience, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I just didn't detect any personally. It was a good tobacco flavored blend for me. Less in the Virginia category then the Burley type category for me.

It’s barely there for sure. Only on the retrohale can I pick it up.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ll be passing on that one.

Top Bottom