What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
We had corn on the cob on the buffet at work Friday night, so I took advantage of the leftovers to make myself a pipe. Borrowed the stem from a Pamplin clay, and put a hardwood plug in the bottom. It's definitely not a pipe-quality cob (very narrow chamber), but it actually smokes pretty nice. Short smoke though, despite the depth. You can't even fit a standard Aristocob tamper in there.

IMG_20200128_210657001.jpg

I recently finished cleaning up an old Amphora Squat Bulldog myself. I've only had one bowl out of it but I really love the look of it.

They seem like really well built pipes 👍. Mine smoked great and cool. Got pretty lucky with it haha. If it was smoked at all it was very lightly. Still see the original bowl coating throughout and I didn't notice any cake build haha. Cleaning up and fixing estates is very addicting 👍

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
They seem like really well built pipes 👍. Mine smoked great and cool. Got pretty lucky with it haha. If it was smoked at all it was very lightly. Still see the original bowl coating throughout and I didn't notice any cake build haha. Cleaning up and fixing estates is very addicting 👍
Mine was a well used I'd say. The stem was taped onto the shank when I bought it. A little flame to slowly warm the stem and allow it to expand fixed that.

I agree, estate restoration has been a really addicting part of the pipe smoking hobby for me. I have bought and restored going on 15 pipes since I started smoking a pipe last month! I'm enjoying putting those pipes back into service nearly as much as the smoking.

Top Bottom