What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
It's St. Patrick's Day, so of course I'm smoking Petersons. No Peterson tobacco, unfortunately, but I've still got some good stuff. Right now it's C&D Yale Mixture in a Barrel. It may not look like I'm wearing green, but the label in my hat has some green thread, and it's a Hanna hat, made in Ireland, so I get a pass on the green anyway.

1521310572463307609523.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Giving the meerschaum a rest today. H&H Sweet and Savory in a Person Supreme 20S.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Cheaters... the lot of ya.

Between Shepherd's Pie, Toad in the Hole, Irish Soda Bread, Guinness, and an assortment of Irish Whiskeys... I've got St. Paddy's covered.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Christening bowl?

Curious about your thoughts...

Well I’m only 1/4 down the bowl but my scatterbrained thoughts :

The craftsmanship is impeccable. It feels really groovy in the hand as you would expect. If I clench deep enough on the stem the large round face of the stem rests on my chin.

The chamber is that semi-conical bullet shape, and is around 3/4 x maybe 1-1/4?

The bowl is 2 finger widths away from my nose so lighting takes a bit getting used to, but not bad in anyway.

My only artisan level pipes are my Tinsky and Larrysson pipes. On this Heinemann the stem airway is super wide and deep. Seems like it doesn’t start to narrow until 3/8” past the button. I tried to take a pic but all you see is a hole. Pic below. How common is this style of stem? (That white haze is smoke, not the stem in that pic)

So far it’s smoking cool and dry, but OJK is a cool dry smoke anyways.

For all intents it’s basically a tubular Devil anse shape IMO, perfect for reclining in a nice chair without spilling ash.

I couldn’t afford his sandblast or smooth finishes. However my next one from him will be tho :).

At about 1/2 bowl now and nothing but cool mouthfuls of smoke. I think the stem really promotes a “cloud” vs “jet stream” of smoke. It will interesting to see how a Virginia smokes as I tend to burn my mouth on them still, especially with my p-lips.

TL:DR

I like it!.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 14
And... your thoughts on it?
It was...okay. The fruitiness in the tin note really didn't come through in the smoke (which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing) - although it was present in the retrohale and the aftertaste, which was interesting. Certainly a complex smoke, I'd imagine it will likely shine with some age. Not going to go crazy stocking up on it, but definitely something I look forward to revisiting in a year or so.

It was...okay. The fruitiness in the tin note really didn't come through in the smoke (which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing) - although it was present in the retrohale and the aftertaste, which was interesting. Certainly a complex smoke, I'd imagine it will likely shine with some age. Not going to go crazy stocking up on it, but definitely something I look forward to revisiting in a year or so.
If the revisit doesn't do it, there is always the Stock Exchange, then. lol

Top Bottom