What's new

Pinaud Clubman

went to my local drug emporium today and scooped up some 6 oz bottles of vanilla, special reserve, and bay rum. each was less than 5 dollars.

Wow. The only Pinaud a/s on the shelves in my area is the original. I wish I could get all those varieties locally - especially for the price. I have to order online and even if I get free shipping most products are $7.50-$8.00.

Now you just need a Barbicide bottle with the blue mystery liquid in your shave den!

Available at Sally's. You have to buy the jar separate from the juice. But they have both on the shelf. For home use I think one disinfectant mix package is enough to last forever.

Yeah, I was blown away. The have the veg and citrus musk too. I'm going to wait for the spring before I purchase those.

Is it fairly common to want to put Pinaud in a glass bottle? I'm a total noob here, but swear there's a scent that hits my nose each time that screams plastic bottle. Just walked the aisles at our local antique mall during my lunch break (yeah, I'm doing that now!) and purchased a couple of empty vintage glass bottles to use.

Wife wasn’t a fan of the original clubman aftershave sent— but likes the bay rum and Lime – the talc is great too – so can’t please them all I guess :confused1

Is it fairly common to want to put Pinaud in a glass bottle? I'm a total noob here, but swear there's a scent that hits my nose each time that screams plastic bottle. Just walked the aisles at our local antique mall during my lunch break (yeah, I'm doing that now!) and purchased a couple of empty vintage glass bottles to use.

It will take that skunk smell away and the scent tends to get a little richer in the glass.

Bought Original a while back and small dabs led me to think of Johnson Baby Powder.
Today I used it like I meant it, got a nice sting on the neck which left smooth skin - not dried, not oily, just right - and have been enjoying the scent all day.
While I can't detect it on my face anymore, I still have a hint on my hands.

Find it slightly cloying - perhaps a bit too sweet, but I think I could get used to it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392149105.059888.jpg
I used an old Musgo Real bottle an printed the label off this site. You can also use the original green cap in place of the black Musgo one

I love clubman but after i splash it on i have to splash on a little bit of cold water or the wife will start telling me I reek of a barber shop.

I love clubman but after i splash it on i have to splash on a little bit of cold water or the wife will start telling me I reek of a barber shop.

My wife hasn't said whether or not she likes it. I guess from that I should infer that she doesn't mind it. I guess all that matters to me is that I really like it.

My wife hasn't said whether or not she likes it. I guess from that I should infer that she doesn't mind it. I guess all that matters to me is that I really like it.

I've been using it for over a week. My wife hasn't said anything either. I wonder how long it will take until she says something?

$20140317_171348.jpg
I've been using and enjoying the Original for a while. As part of my monthly fix, last week I ordered LV and SR (without realizing that I ordered the two most controversial AS known to man). I received my order today and couldn't wait to get everything open and take a whiff. I found LV to be interesting in a way that I couldn't describe, and I immediately started trying to think of a way to incorporate it into the salmon that I planned to make for dinner. I ultimately talked myself out of cooking with it so that I can have more to use for shaving down the road. Even as I sit here typing this, my thoughts turn to LV.

I bought some a week or 2 ago and within a few minutes my wife said, "what is that?" I said, "clubman after shave splash." She said, "that's awful...you smell just like my dad...I mean I like the way my dad smells, but you can't smell like him."

It took me back to when I was a kid on Saturday nights and my dad was leaving in his tux to play his trumpet in a dance band he played in every weekend...
I kinda like the nostalgia of it, but I'm afraid my wife and daughter both were not fans of it. It definitely has an "older" man's smell to it IMO.

If it wasn't so strong I might use it more often...even a few dashes in a handful of witch hazel is still pretty strong to me...

View attachment 425935
I've been using and enjoying the Original for a while. As part of my monthly fix, last week I ordered LV and SR (without realizing that I ordered the two most controversial AS known to man). I received my order today and couldn't wait to get everything open and take a whiff. I found LV to be interesting in a way that I couldn't describe, and I immediately started trying to think of a way to incorporate it into the salmon that I planned to make for dinner. I ultimately talked myself out of cooking with it so that I can have more to use for shaving down the road. Even as I sit here typing this, my thoughts turn to LV.

ahhh the lure of The Veg.... I'm yet to try it, but it's legend precedes the bottle itself.

ahhh the lure of The Veg.... I'm yet to try it, but it's legend precedes the bottle itself.

I just tried The Veg for the first time today, thanks to a recently-acquired sample. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't love it. I think there are many other aftershaves I would prefer to wear. It refuses to die, though; I'll give it that much. 12 hours in, and I can STILL smell it.

Also tried a sample of Clubman. I'll be ordering a bottle shortly!

I used the Veg today mixed with some Classic Vanilla. I do not smell my first impression of the Veg. It is now pleasant and long lasting. It is part of my rotation.

I do like to cut the Veg with the Vanilla as I like to cut the Special Reserve with the Clubman Musk.

I also cut the Pinaud Clubman Original with the Vanilla.....all good results.

Top Bottom