What's new

Pinaud Clubman

Picked up my first bottle of Pinaud Clubman today. I like the smell but its super strong. Is there a good way if diluting it slightly so it doesn't alter the smell, just the intensity?

Whats a good measure of how much witch hazel to add? I just dont want to add too much and ruin it. :blushing:

The smell fades quickly. Try it first as is for a few days. Otherwise, to get the right mixture for you just mix Clubman and witch hazel in your hand.

The smell fades quickly.
I don't find that it does with me. My sense of smell acclimates to it in a few hours, but if my sense of smell gets shocked somehow (this does happen) I can tell the Clubman is still pretty strong after 12 hours of hard work. The reactions I get from pretty girls tells me it is too :thumbup:

At first it seems strong to me but fades to perfection. My wife is very sensitive to strong smells, they give her a headache but she likes clubman. So I would also recommend trying a few days and see what happens.

Picked up my first bottle of Pinaud Clubman today. I like the smell but its super strong. Is there a good way if diluting it slightly so it doesn't alter the smell, just the intensity?

Give it at least 5-6 days before you decide to change it.

It takes about that long for you to settle in and know how much you want to tone it down.

You can also dilute with vodka. Preferably ice cold. And you might want to taste a shot or three to make sure it's cold enough.

I agree with those suggesting to use it a little while before changing it. If you choose to add witch hazel or whatever, add a little bit at a time. A 50-50 mix seems extreme to me.

Agree with everybody here. Keep trying it for a few days. The smell fades. Although, my wife said she doesn't like the small. I use it anyway because I like it. But, if you do decide to dilute it, 50 - 50 is an appropriate mix.

Initially I diluted Special Reserve with witch hazel but did it in a spray bottle. Later I decided that it was better to use it full strength but just to use less.

For all the other scents I think it's just better to use less rather than diluting. It is an aftershave after all and not a cologne.

I happen to like the scent, and it seems to fade fast for me...until I wash my face later in the day, then I can smell it again.

I don't remember the post I was reading here, and I haven't tried this myself, but another member reported that it's an old barber trick to pour a small amount of aftershave into a cup before you begin shaving, and by the time you're ready to use it after your shave, enough of the smell will have flashed off to make the scent more subtle. Couldn't hurt to try it once to see if it works.

I happen to like the scent, and it seems to fade fast for me...until I wash my face later in the day, then I can smell it again.

I don't remember the post I was reading here, and I haven't tried this myself, but another member reported that it's an old barber trick to pour a small amount of aftershave into a cup before you begin shaving, and by the time you're ready to use it after your shave, enough of the smell will have flashed off to make the scent more subtle. Couldn't hurt to try it once to see if it works.

I Do that Sometimes, works wonders.

I find that it fades quickly enough to layer well with my cologne of choice. It's still there, but in a subtle way. Granted though, I don't bathe in it.

Top Bottom