What's new

Pinaud Clubman is King!!!!

Recently I decanted my 1/3 remaining Clubman Special Reserve into an emptied and rinsed Stirling SDM bottle. I can't say that the SR is any better in glass, but it was already great.

One of the two I use routinely. My stock of T&H Authentic No. 10 is nearly gone. Don't expect it will last out the fall. B&M Classic will take its place as the primary scent with Clubman an occasional choice.

I have dallied with many over the years but few hold my interest for any length of time.

SO finally got some today and I will give it a bit more try :)

way more alcohol like smell at first then I thought it would be (that is just me pre thinking what it might be)
the initial smell smooths off to something else and seems to change again in about 15 min granted one time trying so will keep trying I have the bottle cheap enough to use up and give it a honest try over next 6 months on and off with my Old Spice
I do want to try floid now
I am set on just Old Spice and my Neutrogena cream together but figure why not have a option
its not as barbershopy to me but that is like such a wide target no worries

the upside is my face is fine not dry not greasy just my skin !
look forward to tomorrow :)

My wife absolutely adores the Clubman vanilla. I don’t use it unless I can sleep in the following morning.

And no, clubman does not go bad when kept in the plastic. My bottle of original is many years old and smells the same now as it did then.

Reactions: jmd
So todays shave and my new clubman :)
I wish it lasted a bit longer :)
I prefer old spice but I prefer clubman over my stirling varieties and my Fine platinum and American and maybe tie with my old second which was Cella ? So that is a good thing

again just need more time and more tries but its more powdery to my nose than barbery whatever that really is who knows but for the price a must try for anyone since all this is so personal

reckon will use it all week long so I give it a solid day in day out then do some back and forth :) but I am a minimalist kinda person but I did think have 2 splashes would be OK no more if anything maybe 1 splash and cologne ?

Again so glad I tried it and one of those I did not dislike ! Which for me is huge not sure if some of you are like that ? Where you know when you do not like something vs you are so steadfast in your old standby it takes a bit to adjust or allow something else in :)

So yeah enjoying it now much more and now Ok with the scent :) not my fav but do really like it and growing on me daily
in the morning putting on a double splash and last way longer than my Old Spice does and yeah works as it should very well soothing and nice etc... :)

bang for buck for a splash its very nice and now would say try it ! To anyone on the fence

I did one day of Old Spice few days ago and its funny it seemed so weak and distant and faded so quick in fading to for comparison :)

I finally got a sample of this. I definitely recognize the scent from a lot of gents of a certain age when I was growing up. Ma always cut all our hair so I never did go to a traditional barbershop.

Mrs. Scandalous loves it. Well, to be specific, she didn't care for the scent when she sniffed a sample but her reaction was "wow, it smells good on YOU!"

I don't think it's an everyday for me but I ordered a 6 oz bottle. And a 12 oz of the Veg😁

Today I'm pairing Clubman with Stirling Agar EDT and I smell like a million bucks.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've spent a lot of time and money looking for matching aftershaves and soaps.

bottom line Clubman is King!

nothing smells better. scientifically speaking I've even had more positive comments from this and cologne combos that I've had from anything else.

the numbers of results don't lie my friends. just buy Pinaud Clubman and don't look back.

be well.

camo
I like it but the wife doesn’t so I use Pinaud VIBR. PInaud products are great.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've spent a lot of time and money looking for matching aftershaves and soaps.

bottom line Clubman is King!

nothing smells better. scientifically speaking I've even had more positive comments from this and cologne combos that I've had from anything else.

the numbers of results don't lie my friends. just buy Pinaud Clubman and don't look back.

be well.

camo
I like it but the wife doesn’t so I use Pinaud VIBR. PInaud products are great.

Reactions: jmd
I haven’t used Pinaud Clubman in a long time. It’s in a different cabinet than the rest of my shaving stuff, because the bottle is too tall. I just pulled it out and smelled it today. I forgot how much I loved that stuff.

update today did a refresh for the afternoon and used the clubman do say it has become a top 3 but still want to do a massive splash off and find my true top 3 :)

Top Bottom