What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

I'm sorry but everything recently went to pot in my personal life. I still have yet to receive the box, so I have no clue where it is, only it isn't with me.

As one of the first recipients of the box I am truly sad to see it coming to a possible end. My big take the DE89 has been PIF'd to a new wet shaver. I hope you guys can track it down and keep it going.

I may have a few things. I'm sorry to see this end as well.

I assume that whomever sent the box (and may have a tracking number) isn't responding?

I could add something to the box. I sent the hardware and soap box and have listed the tracking previously. It shows delivered and that was that last movement of the box.

I could add something to the box. I sent the hardware and soap box and have listed the tracking previously. It shows delivered and that was that last movement of the box.

Since you have his address maybe you could send him a letter asking if he would please keep the box moving. Idk just a thought.

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I'm bummed to see it end this way. I have a few things I could donate to get it going again, but it's really only a few things. A soap, some blades, maybe a cheap brush. But then I wouldn't have much to contribute to the box when I got it, unless I was way at the bottom of the list.

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I'm bummed to see it end this way. I have a few things I could donate to get it going again, but it's really only a few things. A soap, some blades, maybe a cheap brush. But then I wouldn't have much to contribute to the box when I got it, unless I was way at the bottom of the list.
Anything added would be much appreciated.

Yeah of you guys do what we did up north here you'll have a couple of very nice boxes flying around in no time. We are just a couple days away from having 2 boxes cross the country in opposing directions.

I'm still up for adding some things to get this going again. Matter of fact I'm headed to WCS on Monday AM to get some things.

Okay, just let me know where to send it, and I'll try to get it in the mail in a week or so. Blades will be my biggest contribution, I have decades worth of them, but I can definitely throw in an almost new C&E soap in a handsome wooden bowl, and a pure badger brush, gently used. I'll poke around and see what else I can live without. I recently took part in another passaround box, and it was one of the coolest experiences I've had as a member of any forum. I'm planning on purchasing a Silvertip brush next week as well, in which case I can give up a pretty decent Van Der Hagen boar brush too.

I have discovered a (relatively) painless way to restart a passaround - order some soaps that I've been wanting to try for myself, with the idea of using half of each soap for the passaround. My charity amazes even myself. :001_rolle:001_rolle:001_rolle

On a more serious note . . . I should have some Stirling soap (including a bath soap potentially), a few blade packs, and some random brands from Maggard's (Dapper Dragon's Blood Orange, Tiki's Peppermint Bark, Strop Shoppe's Russian Tea, and Catie's Bubbles le Piment de la Vie) which I can divide up and put into some ziplocs. If the whole container is in the box . . . you can guess what my impression is!

If someone knows where to send everything (thanks, sucker_dad!), let me know. I should be able to send out the above next week sometime.

Send it to lunchmeat. He seams to be the last guy on the list and it only makes sense to just keep going where it left off.

Top Bottom