What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Lord super stainless

Lord Super Stainless blade #1, shave #4

Razor: Henson AL13
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: Generic badger that I bought off of Amazon (that I actually really like)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed a few minutes later by some Nivea Sensitive balm

Another very nice shave. I'm an every other day shaver so I typically use a blade for 4 shaves and bin it so that a blade lasts for about a week. By comparison, this blade was tuggy on the 1st shave, but on shaves 2-4 it has performed very well! I would say that today's shave (4th) was equal to the 2nd in that the blade doesn't seem to be slowing down any. I've enjoyed using this blade. I appreciate @Berwick12 for the PIF and I look forward to using the next 3. (I could probably keep using it, but out of habit, I binned it and will move on to another Lord SS, go back to the Discovery Adventure PIF, or try a new blade next time.

Last edited:
I went back to the Lord Platinum yesterday to make sure I was remembering correctly.

I got into this PIF to compare these 2 blades. I believe the Lord Super Stainless is just a bit sharper than the Lord Platinum. Both are smooth shavers.

Lord Super Stainless - The Farewell Shaves

Razor
: Above The Tie - Windsor SSRH
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm two band badger
Soap: Martin de Candre - Agrumes
A/S: Aqua Velva

Unfortunately my time with the Lord Super Stainless blades is at an end. Travels prevented me from posting this week, but I finished my stash of blades. My son used one of them. His only comment was that it was good, but he prefers a Feather. Ah youth. Thank you very much @Berwick12 for hosting this PIF and providing the blades. I have enjoyed nothing but comfortable and efficient shaves with them.

IMG_20221128_192421795.jpg

My blades arrived yesterday. Apparently they were wandering in the wilderness of the holiday packages carried by the postal service. So first shave this morning. Slight bit of dragging. Not a lot. I think it may be attributable to the first shave on a blade. I’ll see how it goes tomorrow. But it was generally a pleasant, effective shave.

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: Lord Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop
Aftershave: WSP Tobacco
Balm: Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop

D1D47C02-75C9-49B7-9082-B4C755565DCD.jpeg

Top Bottom