What's new

PIF - looking for some folks who want to try something new.

This may be on the low end. I’ve sent packages overseas recently that have cost as much as $26 USD. It really is going to depend on the weight/size of the package and point of origin. I’d imagine actual cost will be somewhere in between.
Thr
Ok, thanks for the answer but I think I'm not in. Was too much going on at home now, and I just started a new job that I need to focus on :)
Hey shaving is important for making a good impression at that new job! Just saying.:shaving:

Update:
I think I have the current contents all correct below.
I've shaved 2x each with razors 4, 5, and 6
All shaved well, which surprised me because I've been biased in favor of OCs and against safety bars for some time.
#6, the Cadet, has a slightly bent corner, which doesn't impact the shave, but does seem to make the TTO mechanism fiddly. I was most excited to try this razor out of the set, and it frankly feels flimsy. YMMV of course.
The black tip SuperSpeed is at a disadvantage because I've used the exact same blade for all six shaves. But it's still pretty comfortable.
The red tip is my favorite so far. If I swap out for any, this will be it.
I will shaving 2x each with razors 1-3 as well, with a fresh blade before at least the first. No need to try #7 as I own one already.
We still need more ppl so tell your friends. I thought I'd posted on the sabbatical thread about it but seems I haven't. (I'm on year 2) So hopefully more interest that way.
  1. Canadian Gillette OT head (with a mismatched but period correct handle)
  2. Clone OT head in vest pocket case (no handle)
  3. Gillette 160 Goodwill (new addition, user-grade, mostly bare brass)
  4. Gillette Red Tip SuperSpeed
  5. O3 Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
  6. Cadet (Pearl) OC TTO (new addition)
  7. MingShi clone of Futur adjustable

I'd love to join in the future and contribute with a razor from my country (Argentina). I still hold because I might be moving in a month or so. I hope this passaround still goes on when I'm set, and if the costs of bringing here aren't excessive, of course.

Wow, I've been slower than I thought. I've PM'd @sharktown for shipping info and this will be out the door in the next week or so.
Current list is
- @sharktown
- @ryinzana

Current contents are same as I received.
I threw most of my reviews down already, other than the Goodwill. I liked it ok; it could treat me well if used carefully, but if not mindful it makes a fabulous face remover.
I like the red tip and considered swapping for it, but @ryinzana was excited to try it, and I super don't need it. I am a happy camper using my Old Type and Schick Injector (E2 I think), and rarely use my safety bars or Yaqi DOC. But this has been fun.

If you like it swap for the Red Tip. Don’t pass up on it on my part! They are easy to come by and fairly inexpensive so I can always pick one up later!

Wow, I've been slower than I thought. I've PM'd @sharktown for shipping info and this will be out the door in the next week or so.
Current list is
- @sharktown
- @ryinzana

Current contents are same as I received.
I threw most of my reviews down already, other than the Goodwill. I liked it ok; it could treat me well if used carefully, but if not mindful it makes a fabulous face remover.
I like the red tip and considered swapping for it, but @ryinzana was excited to try it, and I super don't need it. I am a happy camper using my Old Type and Schick Injector (E2 I think), and rarely use my safety bars or Yaqi DOC. But this has been fun.
f yo

If you like it swap for the Red Tip. Don’t pass up on it on my part! They are easy to come by and fairly inexpensive so I can always pick one up later!

f yo
It's totally fine, I had to confront a little Acquisition Disorder on it, that's all. I'm in my second year of shave purchase sabbatical for a reason. :) I will not run out of blades, soap, nor aftershave during 2019. And like I said, I don't NEED more hardware. Just like.

Just got the box today in the mail!
The photo shows the razors that I received.

The Cadet razor, came in a plastic box, seems unusable due to the butterfly doors and floor plate not aligning correctly or damaged so I won't take a chance with that one.
On the adjustable - I already have a Slim and Fatboy so I will pass on that one too.
For the Long Comb ball end - I have one on a bar handle which is an agressive razor for me but a good shaver, will pass on that one.
For the Short Comb ball end - have one of these too but I want to try this one.
There are two Super Speeds - a Black Tip and a Red Tip. I do have Super Speeds but I am interested in trying both.
Lastly for the travel razor in the metal box it is pretty used with a lot of plate loss and no handle so I will pass on trying that one.

First I cleaned the razors I am trying with Dawn, dunked the heads in isopropyl alcohol for about a minute.
Then for all the razors except the travel and adjustable I gave a light polish to shine them up a bit.

First shave tomorrow morning with the Red Tip!
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just got the box today in the mail!
The photo shows the razors that I received.

The Cadet razor, came in a plastic box, seems unusable due to the butterfly doors and floor plate not aligning correctly or damaged so I won't take a chance with that one.
On the adjustable - I already have a Slim and Fatboy so I will pass on that one too.
For the Long Comb ball end - I have one on a bar handle which is an agressive razor for me but a good shaver, will pass on that one.
For the Short Comb ball end - have one of these too but I want to try this one.
There are two Super Speeds - a Black Tip and a Red Tip. I do have Super Speeds but I am interested in trying both.
Lastly for the travel razor in the metal box it is pretty used with a lot of plate loss and no handle so I will pass on trying that one.

First I cleaned the razors I am trying with Dawn, dunked the heads in isopropyl alcohol for about a minute.
Then for all the razors except the travel and adjustable I gave a light polish to shine them up a bit.

First shave tomorrow morning with the Red Tip!
proxy.php

Glad it got there in one piece! The Cadet does work but I found with the mechanism awkward. I don't know whether the bent tooth contributed or not. It came to me slightly bent and I considered bending it back, but not confident I could set it up right; left as-is.

Have fun! The Super Speeds are great.

Yes, the Cadet does seem akward to use.
Looking forward to the Super Speeds and the Short Comb!
Thanks so much.

First shave with the Red Tip was awesome! More blade exposure and feel than I like but gave a very close, smooth shave.
I managed to get two small weepers in the process when using my mildest blade, a Derby Extra, due to rushing this morning.
All in all a great shave and will use the Red Tip tomorrow too.

@ryinzana - your gonna love the Red Tip if you like a moderate aggressive shave!

Shave two with the Red Tip was just as aswsome as yesterday! Nice smooth, close shave, still does have more blade exposure than I want but still is pleasurable.
Tomorrow the Black Tip is up. I would imagine it will be like my other Super Speeds and Flare Tips which shave very nicely.

First shave with the Red Tip was awesome! More blade exposure and feel than I like but gave a very close, smooth shave.
I managed to get two small weepers in the process when using my mildest blade, a Derby Extra, due to rushing this morning.
All in all a great shave and will use the Red Tip tomorrow too.

@ryinzana - your gonna love the Red Tip if you like a moderate aggressive shave!

Looking forward to it!

Shaved with the Black Tip this morning and got the typical mild, close shave of a Super Speed razor.
Used an Astra SP blade for a nice close, smooth shave - skin feels great!
Tomorrow I will use the Short Comb ball end razor.
I may be able to send the box out on Saturday as I should be finished on my end.
@ryinzana - I will send you a PM to get your shipping address as I anticipate being finished tomorrow.

Last shave this morning and used the Short Comb Ball End razor.
Very nice close shave! Had to be careful as it seemed the blade exposure was a bit more than the Red Tip so I was slow with it.
Took me a little longer but only had to go two passes and some clean up! Face feels great but I'm sure if not careful this razor can mince your face up.
Box going out tomorrow to @ryinzana with all the razors that I received.
This was a cool experience and a lot of fun!
proxy.php

Top Bottom