What's new

PIF - looking for some folks who want to try something new.

The box is at my work, but I will try to grab a picture before I send it out today.

From memory, I believe the contents are as follows:
- Canadian Gillette OT head (now with a mismatched but period correct handle)
- Clone OT head in vest pocket case (no handle)
- Gillette 160 Goodwill (new addition, user-grade, mostly bare brass)
- Gillette Red Tip SuperSpeed
- U1 Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
- Cadet (Pearl) OC TTO (new addition)
- MingShi clone of Futur adjustable
The goodwill and Canadian OT looks interesting.v

The box is at my work, but I will try to grab a picture before I send it out today.

From memory, I believe the contents are as follows:
- Canadian Gillette OT head (now with a mismatched but period correct handle)
- Clone OT head in vest pocket case (no handle)
- Gillette 160 Goodwill (new addition, user-grade, mostly bare brass)
- Gillette Red Tip SuperSpeed
- U1 Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
- Cadet (Pearl) OC TTO (new addition)
- MingShi clone of Futur adjustable
A quick photo before I seal up the box to get it out to @valthun:
IMG_3585.jpg

For my part, I decided to keep the New Deluxe. It's a challenging razor that I look forward to conquering. I trust that the Cadet and Goodwill will make up for it.

The Ming Shi and Cadet are two that I am interested in trying. As I have a Flare Tip TTO I am interested in knowing how the red tip compares. Honestly don't know id I will do a swap at this point though. But I will make that determination when it arrives and I have a chance to try a couple out.

Just wanted to give a brief review. I used the Cadet Pearl this morning for a shave. What I found were, one the head felt very light compared to the handle. The comb width helped with clogging, or really the lack of clogging. It was a very audible shave, probably more than I have ever had with a previous shave, and felt rough. There were a few nicks that easily dried up with the alum bar after the shave. It was interesting but not a razor I would keep. The next shave will be with the Futur clone, and then the Red Tip on Sunday morning.

I will be trading the Black Handle Super Speed with my black handle Super Speed. Because the one in the box is a birth year and quarter. Mine is O3 1969 razor. If that is wrong I will update this post. But I am pretty sure that is correct. I will also include the box. So I will be looking to ship this either Monday or Tuesday.

As for the OT's, I have a clone and am not a huge fan of it. I may have to give it more time, but I don't know if trying an actual Gillette would make a difference in my opinion. Change my mind.

Absolutely no issues with swapping Super Speeds - that's what this is all about :)

I don't think there is any rush, so why not try the old type? The Gillette may have better geometry than a clone - it's free for you to find out right now :)

IMHO, lots try an old type early on in the wet shaving journey and never go back to it. I think that's a mistake, they make great shavers when you have more experience using a DE.

Alright, I am ready to get this box back on the road. I will be contacting @Sparki for his mailing info.

Just an update, the last picture didn't really change, as I swapped the black handle SS for my black handle SS as the one in the box was a dob for me. However I am including the case for the O3 black handle. All razors that I have used have been cleaned and sanitized.

Thank you, gentlemen, for this opportunity but I need to kindly pass it. I won PIF some day ago and I would like other to give a chance, so just skip my entry.

Good luck and have fun.

I have received them and shaved with the Canadian OT last night. It is not the razor for me. I'm going to shave with the black superspeed tonight.

I have shaved with the razors and will not be taking any of them. As soon as I have an address, I will mail the box to Brooklyn Salt.

I have shaved with the razors and will not be taking any of them. As soon as I have an address, I will mail the box to Brooklyn Salt.

Sounds great. Care to share any impressions of the various offerings and how they compared to what you normally use?

So, can I be reentered in this pass around? I wanna try some of the open combs since I've never used any before.

My location is in Singapore if that's fine.

BTW I withdrew from this earlier because the paa Bakelite was taken. If anyone's curious.

Now that I'm into vintage Gillette, I want to try some open combs before committing to an actual one.

So, can I be reentered in this pass around? I wanna try some of the open combs since I've never used any before.

My location is in Singapore if that's fine.
Hi, nobody else at the moment, there's another member here I work near that I thought might be interested, haven't gotten around to sending him a note. I figured it would be more efficient to back-to-back us, so if @DannyZ hasn't mailed to me yet, I'm fine if you want to go first.
If he has, would you mind if I check with the other B&Ber and maybe pass to him before sending to you? I'd pick up or share the shipping cost, assuming there are no issues sending to Singapore. :) I have no idea what considerations there might be.

Top Bottom