What's new

PIF: Hendrix Classics & Co. Soap

I still can't see 70s and 80s as oldies. Oldies is like 50s and early 60s. And for that matter Metallica should not be on classic rock. 90s rock is not classic rock. Classic rock is like ac/DC and black Sabbath. Forigner. Not REM Nirvana and the likes. Sorry for the rant. I know I'm not that old I just find it odd that 90s rock is played on classic rock stations.
Lol, preaching to the choir. I completely agree. My wife and I were shocked when we first realized 'our music' had bled into the 'oldies' playlist. Depending on who you ask (for example my teenage daughter, lol) I'm an old man now. Lol.

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

I'm in. "All around the watchtower " is my favorite. I saw Hendrix at the San Diego sports arena in 1969. On another note, in the late 1950's, I was friends with the daughter of the owner of the arena before it was built.

Thank you all for participating... The winner, chosen by Random.org, is Spock88. Please PM me your address and I'll try to get it out today (if the post office is open with the holiday).

Thanks everyone!

Nostalgia seems to focus on 20 or so years prior, in other words the childhood of people who are coming into earning and purchasing power

Good going Mr Doug. Bravo!
Thank you. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Sans all the duplicates, here is our Hendrix & Co PIF Playlist:

Little Wings
Voodoo Child
Star spangled banner
Red house
Wild thing
Crosstown traffic
Purple Haze
All Along the Watchtower
Hey Joe
Love or Confusion
Foxey lady
The Wind Cries Mary

Happy shaves everyone! [emoji846]

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Sans all the duplicates, here is our Hendrix & Co PIF Playlist:

Little Wings
Voodoo Child
Star spangled banner
Red house
Wild thing
Crosstown traffic
Purple Haze
All Along the Watchtower
Hey Joe
Love or Confusion
Foxey lady
The Wind Cries Mary

Happy shaves everyone! [emoji846]
Thanks for the compilation!

I was just razzing him. I love the fact he took the time to research Hendrix. As far as I am concerned, he is the winner of this PIF. I'll look to see what I have and send him something. @Spock88 send me your address. Got something for ya.

Lol...just saw this now! I wasn't born till the 80's so Jimi was a just a bit before my time. :001_302: The funny thing is that you always feel like you're pretty young and just starting out and yet when I spend time with my nieces and nephews I start to realize that maybe just maybe I'm not the one just starting out anymore. :001_tongu

Appreciate the offer. I'll send you a PM with my address!

Top Bottom