What's new

PIF: Hendrix Classics & Co. Soap

Good evening B&B,

I recently found a new soapmaker, Hendrix Classics & Co., which has had quite a lot of good reviews on another Board. Based on that, I decided to give the soap a shot. I ordered my own tub of soap and today had a trial shave.

The soap is billed as a Classic Barbershop. I've seen reference to the scent being similar to Mike's Natural, but I don't have firsthand experience. I am poor at scent descriptions, but this is from the site...:

"The scent profile for our Classic Barbershop includes Vibrant Bergamot and fresh basil leaf, which are complemented by earthy notes of Oakmoss and white patchouli. "

Opening the tub, the scent is a bit waxy and muted. Upon applying water, I found it opened up quite a bit. It's a very nice scent, yet still remains subtle.

My test shave, with a PAA Atomic Rocket and a Karve CB on plate B, yeilded a smooth, clean, and enjoyable shave. It lathered easily, held it's lather well, and had a fair amount of slickness. The shave was good and the post shave feel was not dry at all.

Now, certainly one shave isn't enough to judge a product, and reading about it just doesn't capture the experience. Thus, I am offering the following...

Pete over at Hendrix Classics (Hendrix Classics) accidentally sent me a double order. Pete kindly told me to keep it as a gift. Instead of hoarding it all myself, I am going to pass the extra order on to one lucky member. Included you will find one 3oz tub of classic Barbershop shave soap along with a sample of their new southern comfort aftershave balm (see scent below).

This will be open to anyone who hasn't yet tried this soap, in the CONUS only (as I am footing the bill for shipping... sorry).

To make this a bit more fitting and fun, let's add a simple twist... if you want to be in, post 'Im in' along with your favorite Jimmy Hendrix song. Voilà, a themed PIF. [emoji16]

I'll leave this open until Saturday, May 25 at Noon EST. I'll then let random.org choose the lucky winner. Good luck everyone!

P.S.: Pete at Hendrix sent me a description of his two newest scents (I couldn't find a description on the site), Havana Breeze and Southern Comfort:

"Havana Breeze is a pure cured tobacco scent – just like sticking your head in a humidor."

"Southern Comfort is a Bourbon Tobacco scent."
proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm in! Thanks for the PIF

I'll go with the Star Spangled Banner on Hendrix

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I'm in, and although I really love Little Wing", "Red House" gets my vote. I was just a kid wandering through a high end stereo shop in the 70s, but it blew my mind. The shop had listening rooms and some high end speakers. I sat there and became a audiophile plus a Hendrix fan at that exact moment.

Keep 'em coming folks... I'm building the Jimi Hendrix Classic & Co playlist on my Napster account. [emoji16]

I'm in and thanks! First Hendrix song I ever heard is still my favorite. Purple Haze!
Yea! Purple Haze finally shows up. Lol. I had that song in my head for hours after I ordered the Yaqi brush, lol. (A very nice brush, btw). [emoji846]
proxy.php

Top Bottom