What's new

PIF: Hendrix Classics & Co. Soap

Of course he enjoyed the new music. Hendrix is still to this day the best guitarist to ever grace this planet. :001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool:

Agreed! Though I would rank Prince up there as well. I was lucky enough to see him in concert once before he passed away and that man was also an amazing guitarist! though he could play quite a few instruments from what I learned later.

Lol...just saw this now! I wasn't born till the 80's so Jimi was a just a bit before my time. :001_302: The funny thing is that you always feel like you're pretty young and just starting out and yet when I spend time with my nieces and nephews I start to realize that maybe just maybe I'm not the one just starting out anymore. :001_tongu

Appreciate the offer. I'll send you a PM with my address!
Got your PM. Will mail out this week!

I ordered the Southern Comfort scent today. I'll post a review as soon as I try it out. [emoji846]

Just received the 3oz tub of classic Barbershop shave soap from mrdoug over the weekend. I'll be trying in out sometime this week and will post my thoughts on the soap. Stay tuned. :shaving:

I ordered the Southern Comfort scent today. I'll post a review as soon as I try it out. [emoji846]
Well, I received the Southern Comfort and used it last night... It's just as you would expect: Sweet bourbon with a light tobacco base. Very nice with a light, but present scent. The scent is quite intoxicating, imo (lol).

I picture this would be great, in conjunction with Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise and something in a Florida orange scent, as a Southern summer themed rotation. Well, I have two of the three ... Need to shop for an orange fitting the bill, next. [emoji16]

Finally got a chance to try out the Hendrix Classic Barbershop soap today that mrdoug was generous enough to PIF to me. I'm posting my thoughts below but before I do so I'd also like to throw a shoutout to Pete over at Hendrix Classics. The man is a class act! When mrdoug had PIFed the soap to me he had also included the aftershave balm that Pete had sent to him. Unfortunately the container was empty after I had opened the packaging. mrdoug was kind enough to tell Pete about the empty container and Pete immediately let him know that if I emailed him he would send me another one. I emailed him a few days later and Pete responded the next day letting me know he had mailed it out. Not only did he send me another balm but threw in another sample balm as well! This incident shows just how awesome customer service is at Hendrix. I'm really impressed and definitely recommend them just off the service!

Now onto the soap review:

Equipment: Gillette Guard razor, Synbad Synthetic brush
Prep: Hot shower and face wash

I tend to use the Gillette guard razor when I'm trying out new soaps so that I can get a good feel for the soap as my technique with a DE razor is still evolving slowly and I might not get an accurate representation of the soap. ;)

I lathered the brush for about 20 seconds (which in retrospect was probably too little) and face lathered my wet face. The soap lathered quite well even with my low load. The smell was distinct yet not so strong that it was overwhelming. I liked it. It felt like a nice fresh clean scent with some elegant notes. I've never had another soap with a barbershop scent so I don't have a comparison but I liked the smell! The soap provided excellent cushion and glide and also residual slickness when I went over some areas without adding additional soap. I got a DFS out of this as I wasn't trying for a BBS with my first run. One small weeper but that is because I had a bump in that area which raised the skin. Post shave feel was very good with good moisturizing. The smell also hung around and I could still smell the soap faintly up to an hour later. I used Pacific shave post shave lotion as that has been my goto for the past few years and because I wanted to keep all the variables the same except for the soap. Overall I give the soap :thumbup:. You really can't go wrong with this soap! I'll write another post on the aftershave balm as well as my next shave with this soap later this month.

Top Bottom