What's new

PIF: Free straight razor starter kit

Ever thought of trying straight shaving? Here’s your chance with an everything-you-need starter kit for free.

A couple of weeks ago the generous member, oakeshott offered to give me a razor to hone and PIF to any member I thought. So what better opportunity to try to convert someone out there?

Not sure if you want to try straight shaving, click here and read about it….

Still with us, great, here’s what you get.

1. The razor pictured below. Shave ready of course. Sorry for the poor cell phone photos, but it’s a great razor.
  2. A strop. I will buy a poor man’s strop kit and have it sent to the winner. Along with a strop for daily edge maintenance, you’ll get some balsa with can be used to refresh the edge when needed. This will last you a long time.

Concerned that it may need honing one day?

3. Free honing for life. (my life that is, lol). As long as I’m able to hone, I’ll gladly re-hone for free (just cover shipping).
I’m fairly young and in good health so this should get you a while.

How to qualify?

1. This must be your first foray in straight shaving. I’ll have another PIF down the line for the seasoned pros, but this is for the new guys to straight.
  2. You must be a “badged member”. Meaning, you are a Contributor, Steward, Veteran, Active Duty, Check 6, etc.

*If you are not a contributor, but make a B&B badged contribution by donating here , not only will you qualify, but I’ll enter your name in the drawing twice. See that, on the fence, contribute and help out this great community and double your chances.

3. I can force this one, but I’d like the winner to start a shave journal in the Straight Razor Shave Clinic where we can track his
progress and help out with any questions or concerns he has. It’s a great tool that helped many of us get into our groove
straight shaving and I’d like this winner to be set up for success.

That’s all, if you’re interested and qualify, post that you’re in below. The winner will likely be selected in a few weeks once we’ve given everyone who’s interested a chance to enter.

******************************************** UPDATE ********************************************
To all of our European members interested in straight shaving, our very own BakerAndBadger has generously offered to up the winnings by contributing a second straight kit for our daring members in Europe. Round of applause for this great offer. We will manage the drawing for both kits on this thread.
************************************************************************************************

Remember, chicks dig scars

:001_cool:

Attachments

• $PIF1.JPG
    $PIF1.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 484
  • $PIF2.JPG
    $PIF2.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Great PIF Obiwan!

Please don't count me in because I already have a straight and I try to shave with it at least once a week. I thought I was pretty good at stropping but I took a closer look at my poor man's strop over the weekend and noticed loads of nicks at the top of my strop, good thing I've got a couple.

I would like to be in, thanks. I have not tried straight shaving, but have been thinking about it for a bit now. I just became a contributor to qualify as well! Thanks for the great PIF, and thanks B&B for all the great information (and AD's!).

Would love to be in, I've been wanting to try a straight since I was in the military, but have never taken the plunge. Shave journal should be fun, since I do that now with my DE's on my tablet! :) Track which razor, blade, soap, etc... Sounds fun.

Wow what a generous offer! I'd love to be in. I got into wet shaving a couple of months ago with the ultimate goal of using a straight some day. I've only used a DE so far. I'd be more than happy to log my progress as well. (I wish I would have thought of that when I started wet shaving).

Thanks again!

Jason

I never saw the Veteran contributor area. Could you point me in that direction? I'm in if being a vet does it. DD214 available for review!

Good man David. But you suck too... The price and scarcity of our beloved straights will go up again! :thumbup:
Oh and if you fancy opening this up to Europeans I'll send out my old poorman, balsa strop (if I can find it) and a straight but I won't provide free honing for life - just the first one!

I'm in, been itching to try a straight, and was planning on doing a journal whenever I was able to get started down the long bloody path:laugh:.

Wonderful PIF!

I've had straights on my list of to-try for some time now, but have resisted because of the unknown of honing and stropping. This would be a great way to dabble into this world with minimal risk.

I'm in.

Thanks!

Top Bottom