What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF for Those Who Are Serious About Getting Into Straight Razor Shaving - Not CONUS

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Bump.

If no one meets the criteria for this PIF, I will be selling this SR in BST for USD 60 plus shipping.

This is a very generous pif. It has made me read the guides on how to build a balsa strop and a lot about maintenance on edges of SRs. I'm sure I'll build a block some day but haven't been able to source reasonably priced/sized pieces of balsa or stone tile yet. I'll probably due so when I get some vacation and have more time. Thanks for the idea!

I’m in!!! I’ve been reading a lot in the straight razors forum and decided it’s time to take the plunge. Here’s a picture of my pasted balsa strop. It was easy to make but took longer than I thought to sand the balsa flat.
432420AE-1C86-406A-BA66-D5453AEA1545.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thank you @rbscebu! This was a fantastic PIF and I’m truly grateful for your generosity.

Looking forward to my first SR shave :straight:
I has been my pleasure. I might even do a couple more of these PIF's during the year.

You should receive this SR within 2 or 3 weeks and you should now have the tracking number. The SR that has been posted to you is a very good beginner's SR. With an 18° bevel angle, the edge is still very keen but forgiving. Read the latest issue of the Traditional Straight Razor Shaving Instructions for Beginners.

If you find that SR shaving is not for you, please PIF the SR to another B&B member who may also appreciate the help.

Welcome to the gentlemanly art.

I has been my pleasure. I might even do a couple more of these PIF's during the year.

You should receive this SR within 2 or 3 weeks and you should now have the tracking number. The SR that has been posted to you is a very good beginner's SR. With an 18° bevel angle, the edge is still very keen but forgiving. Read the latest issue of the Traditional Straight Razor Shaving Instructions for Beginners.

If you find that SR shaving is not for you, please PIF the SR to another B&B member who may also appreciate the help.

Welcome to the gentlemanly art.

I got the tracking number and will be following its trip from the other side of the world obsessively.

I’ll read through the beginner instructions and post about my experiences once it arrives.

This SR took off from Brisbane about 21 hours ago bound for Canada. It's getting closer.
I can now track it via Canada Post with the original tracking number. It says "en route to Canada" even though it's clearly here by now. That's about the level of service I expect from Canada Post so no surprises there.

Top Bottom