What's new

PIF for Newbies: Two Year Anniversary

I have been using a DE and wet shaving for more than 50 years. If anyone had ever asked me if I thought shaving was a hobby or asked whether I enjoyed it I would have answered NO. To me it was something I did every day out of necessity. Two years ago I did a search to find a source for some new DE blades and other wet shaving products and discovered B&B. Boy did things change for me. I have never found a more diverse and wonderful forum as this one. I was impressed by the welcoming comments I received and the banter that took place between the members.

I began to spend a lot of time on B&B and like many others I started buying additional razors, brushes, creams, soaps, and blades. I started using a SE razor for the first time in my life. What previously was a chore became something I looked forward to doing. I experimented with many different techniques and how I shaved evolved. Yesterday I realized that it is now my two year anniversary on B&B. I want to share my enthusiasm for wet shaving with a newbie and decided on this PIF.

The PIF consists of a Tech razor (user grade), a Featherweight SE razor (good condition), a box of Personna Reds, five GEM PTFE coated blades, a Caswell-Massey boar/bristle brush, Coates shaving soap, and a tube of Godrej shaving cream.

I realize that there are many new shavers that don’t want to invest in wet shaving because they are not sure they will like it. So, this PIF is geared for you. The requirements to get in on this PIF are relatively simple. First, you must have joined B&B within the last 45 days. I would like this to go to someone who does not yet own a DE or SE razor and is willing to give it a try.

The winner will be announced next Sunday. My wife will select a number at random based on the number of posts made in response to this PIF. She will do this by picking a number on Saturday for all entries made by Saturday by 5:00 P.M. EDT.

So, if you are interested, just post your interest here.

$PIF.jpg

Well, I do have an old DE that I just got (I came from straight razor shaving), but would love to be able to get in on this. This is a wonderful starter pack. Thanks for offering it up. Congrats on the anniversary.

Great PIF ackvil, congrats on 2 years :d
I am not in as I have way to much gear, in your picture it looks like a flare tip not a tech?
Either way its a beautiful setup

I would love to give this a shot. Currently I'm shaving with a Gillette Fusion Pro glide. I would love to get rid of it if I find that this is better.

Congratulations on two years. Thanks for the great PIF...very generous of you. I do have a DE, but I would love to be included in the PIF, if that's possible, as I've never tried an SE.

i started shaving with a parker a few weeks ago, waiting for my first de to be delivered...I am still using the goo I have left over ...
I would love to try SE and if I like the cream.. i might just donate the 4 unopened goo cans I have rather than waiting to use them all up...

Count me in please!
Trying to get started, but currently only own a cartridge razor (or 8...).

Thanks for the chance.

Top Bottom