What's new

PIF Countdown to 1000

It has taken me just under 2 years to get to this milestone. I have a few posts left but decided to get some buzz early. If you count all the posts in my journals, then I would be a healthy number passed the 1K mark. I have met some wonderful folks along the way. The community has been super helpful the 1st year getting me all set up going down the DE route.

My first purchase was a Lord L6 DE Razor with some Lord blades from Amazon which was paired with the VDH brush, soap, and bowl set.

I remember spending countless hours trying to break the brush in faster. Towel lathering, palm lathering, constantly making it wet and drying it out when I wasn't shaving.

I wish I remembered who gave me my first PIF which was DE blade sampler pack to see which one fit me the best. That PIF led me to my 2nd major purchase - 100 Astra blades.

My collection slowly expanded by adding Cade soap (YAS to mall trips!), Williams Mug Soap from A&P, AV Iced Blue & Musk. From my original collection, I still have the AV Iced Blue in an AVON car bottle, the Musk in a separate glass bottle, the Lord L6 razor, and the VDH shave bowl which holds my alum block and styptic pencil.

Oh how things have changed since then. A few eBay, online, and BST purchases, I have 30+ razors, 15+ brushes, 15+ soaps, 10+ aftershaves.

Okay enough about me venting... Back to the PIF... So here is the deal. I am still coming up with some items and I promise it'll be good. Hardware, software, etc. I think I am going to go with 3 winners.

The catch(es)
1) I will not post what items will be available until my 1000th post.
2) You need to be a B&B member for a month with at least 25 posts.
3) Open to everyone - if you are international, I will ask you to offset shipping costs. Also if an AS is in the PIF, then it will be removed from the PIF.
4) How to win?
a) The person who writes the 126th post. Why? I started B&B on 1/26/15. Asking for 12,615 seemed a bit too much. If the winner chooses to decline, then I will pick the person with the next post.
b) Next milestone post will be 250 just because I need to pick an arbitrary number.
c) When I close the PIF, I will randomly select a post via number generator for the winner. If the winner chooses to decline, then I will run the number generator a second time.
5) PIF will close one week from now 12/14/16 in the afternoon.
6) One last kicker - There will be 3 winners but the gifts will be decided by a number generator to see who gets what. If you want to trade afterwards, I can do that.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited:
oooh a fun way to PIF. I saw something like this done in the hones forum a short while ago and things got CRAZY. I have seen what you have acquired over the past several months, this has the potential to be very cool. I will pass on the PIF but play along in getting the post count up.

Gotta keep things interesting in the spirit of Xmas.. Besides I have ~20 posts to 1000 and then I can proceed with the reveal.

There is no rush. Lol if I need to extend it, I will.

Besides people have no idea what I'm giving away.

Top Bottom