What's new

Pictures: Should we reintroduce this?

Would this be able to hold a Mitchell Wool Fat puck (8cm in diameter)?

Nice looking soap container @Captain Pre-Capsize! I guess a Copper one would be out of the question as it would be in too much liquid contact for a longer period of time, right? Or could the inside be enamelled?

Guido

After we have the first prototypes in hand (maybe another two weeks) we will be able to settle on dimensions and style. Then we will have the finished dimensions listed in our store with the product. With any handmade product the dimensions will vary slightly which is part of the charm.

For now we will be going with ceramic only. If copper gets wet and stays wet the results are appealing to some customers and not to others.

After we have the first prototypes in hand (maybe another two weeks) we will be able to settle on dimensions and style. Then we will have the finished dimensions listed in our store with the product. With any handmade product the dimensions will vary slightly which is part of the charm.

For now we will be going with ceramic only. If copper gets wet and stays wet the results are appealing to some customers and not to others.
I'm quite satisfied with the one I have so I don't need another one, but... :popc:

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve got one of the original. I think it holds a smaller puck. It’s small such that it easily fits in your hand. The quality is great. The timeless lather bowl holds a replacement puck of sv perfectly but is plastic and has no top or lid. Looking forward to the new version.

I’ve got one of the original. I think it holds a smaller puck. It’s small such that it easily fits in your hand. The quality is great. The timeless lather bowl holds a replacement puck of sv perfectly but is plastic and has no top or lid. Looking forward to the new version.

The company that makes them to our design often puts a twist on prototypes so we have some variety to look at. I expect them to be very much what we have seen here but know there will be some that are different.

That is how we ended up with what has proven to be a pretty popular scuttle. I bought several to evaluate myself, met with the owner of the pottery company, and he made several. The goal with them was that they be as compact as possible since scuttles can often be large and unwieldy, especially with wet hands! We wanted them to be secure in the hand (note the exterior grooves) and on the countertop. That is how we ended up with this winner:

IMG_6138.jpg

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The company that makes them to our design often puts a twist on prototypes so we have some variety to look at. I expect them to be very much what we have seen here but know there will be some that are different.

That is how we ended up with what has proven to be a pretty popular scuttle. I bought several to evaluate myself, met with the owner of the pottery company, and he made several. The goal with them was that they be as compact as possible since scuttles can often be large and unwieldy, especially with wet hands! We wanted them to also be able to be secure in the hand (note the exterior grooves) and on the countertop. That is how we ended up with this winner:

View attachment 1465083
Looks very cool. Also great looking glazing. Looks luscious actually. Plans for a lid or no with the little spout?

Against advice of counsel, I will add my two cents... Even though I have only had my CC Soap Locker for about a week, I like it. I like it a lot. And the extras Scott included have no influence on my testimony. Well, maybe a little...

There's no way to please everybody. If the container is large enough for SV, then the Haslinger crowd may be slightly disappointed. If the container is small enough to perfectly fit a Williams puck, then the owners of larger pucks may be disappointed. There just isn't a one size fits all without some degree of compromise.

I considered the Soap Locker for use with pucks, refills, or samples that don't usually ship with their own containers. I also use it to store a sample of creams/croaps/soaps from other containers which keeps the originals untouched by water or brush in case I decide to sell or gift part of the product to someone else.

I've used plastic containers and porcelain ramekins as loading bowls, but the Soap Locker feels different. Obviously it doesn't affect the shave in the same way as the razor, blade, brush, or soap but it does somehow affect the overall shaving experience for me. I don't feel bad for having purchased it; no buyer's remorse whatsoever. And it just never felt "right" to put any soap other than MWF in a MWF bowl or Tabac in a Tabac bowl. But I don't anticipate any reservations about loading my brush with MWF, Tabac, or any other soap from the CC Soap Locker. Definitely put my name in the "Satisfied Customer" column.

Will I buy another one? If there's enough of a difference to warrant it, most likely. I recently found myself explaining the "difference" between the new-to-me Semogue SOC 2-Band Finest badger brush with a Taj resin handle and my other one with a cherry wood handle; I think it went well but I'll still work on my delivery just to be safe

:cool:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
LOL Bjm..... I have two sets of twin SOC brushes... boars and Misturas... Taj and Butterscotch. Oh.. and I have the Zenith copper twins... boar and Manchurian... I need to get photos of my three sets of twins for posterity's sake. I could frame them and put them with photos of our two sons... that is.. if I don't value my health... my wife might have something to say about that. <eg>

LOL Bjm..... I have two sets of twin SOC brushes... boars and Misturas... Taj and Butterscotch. Oh.. and I have the Zenith copper twins... boar and Manchurian... I need to get photos of my three sets of twins for posterity's sake. I could frame them and put them with photos of our two sons... that is.. if I don't value my health... my wife might have something to say about that. <eg>
Yeah, I have the SOC boar triplets (Ash, Cherry, & Taj) too :cool:

20220601_130328.jpg

I included the Soap Locker in the pic in an effort to stay on topic. :)

Note: the brushes are all broken-in so the #18 O-Rings were added to increase the backbone a little; the second rings around the handle are just there for looks and because I had extras. As far as the bristles are concerned, they are as soft as anything on the shelf and feel great. I have my first shave with "Taj" using the O-Ring scheduled later this week.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Yeah, I have the SOC boar triplets (Ash, Cherry, & Taj) too :cool:

View attachment 1465418

I included the Soap Locker in the pic in an effort to stay on topic. :)

Note: the brushes are all broken-in so the #18 O-Rings were added to increase the backbone a little; the second rings around the handle are just there for looks and because I had extras. As far as the bristles are concerned, they are as soft as anything on the shelf and feel great. I have my first shave with "Taj" using the O-Ring scheduled later this week.
Beautiful... and the soap locker sets them off as well.

I'm going to be ordering one or two soap lockers when the final design or designs are completed.

Who knows what Scott and his team will come up with.... small, medium and large? <eg>

Reactions: bjm
Top Bottom