What's new

Pick one country for all your soaps, AS etc and one for you Razor and blades.

I was thinking about being restricted to only buying shaving gear from one country (why? its the sort of torture I tend to inflict on my mind at times)
Then I thought blades and razors should be separate. So if you had to, what country would get your vote for all your software: Soap/Cream, Aftershave, Cologne, Pre-Shave etc you get the idea and then another single country for hardware like Razors and blades and/or straights.

I'll get the ball rolling...

Software: Spain (it was so close with Italy)
Hardware: USA

Just a bit of fun :001_smile

Software: England (ToBS, DRHarris, T&H, need I say more?)
Hardware: Engand (Kent, Simpson, Vulfix, Edwin Jagger)
Blades: India (Very inexpensive and good quality ones)

Software: Italy (Proraso, Razorock, Omega Boar brushes--Hardware really, but...)
Hardware: Germany (a Muhle brush would be fine if I was on the firing line, and Merkur razors just plain work)
Blades: Russia

Software: France for Shaving Soaps
Hardware: England (NOS)/ Italy for Omega - Definitely hardware not software :confused1

Blades: - England (NOS)/Russia/China

Not the norm, but there are a few that might agree...

Hardware - USA
software - USA
blades - Japan

Hardware - Cobra Classic SE
software - Mike's Natural Soaps
blades - Feather Pro

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Software: Italy
Hardware: Germany

Only big exception are my beloved Simpsons which are made in the United Kingdom.

Software: England(I edited out Italy after thinking beyond soaps/creams.)
Hardware: USA (That was a tough call, but considering we have hobbyists making killer brushes, and the Personna med prep blades are still made here, I think it was a good call.)

Last edited:
Software- Germany. Tabac, speick
Hardware- Japan. Feather ac, feather and kai blades
Not sure what brush I would pick from the two above countries, but a muhle stf would suffice.

Software : Italy
Hardware : UK. US and Germany have great hardware but the UK would offer more of a selection . ( EJ and vintage Gillettes )

Last edited:
Hardware - USA (Above the Tie)
Software - either USA (Strop Shoppe, Mike's, etc) or France (Martin de Candre, Le Pere Lucien)
Blades - Russian (Gillette)

Hardware - England - Edwin Jagger, Morris & Forndran & Kent
Software - England - MWF, D.R. Harris, Penhaligon's and Ingrams
Blades - Japan - Feather

Top Bottom