What's new

Persona med prep overrated...

I was piffed a few Med preps and they were good for me for a couple of days each. They were pretty good while for those 2 days though. I don't get along at all with the Red personnas(platinum chromes).

Im not trashing them,simply,theyre overrated and overpriced ,theyre nothing special compared to price and hype around them.

Im not trashing them,simply,theyre overrated and overpriced ,theyre nothing special compared to price and hype around them.
Plenty of other people like them, though. So, it's not necessary to warn everybody off like you've been cheated or something. Just use what works for you, is all I'm saying.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Back in the day I spent a few years using Med Preps (with a box of Labs thrown in) for 7 shaves each. It was an excellent blade.

If it doesn't work for you that doesn't make it overrated, it makes it a bad choice for you. Feather makes a fine blade and they seem readily available - use them if that's a good blade for you. For me they are good, but only last 2-3 shaves.

With price of med preps,i feel like im cheated,lol,i have box full of lab blue,and its same blade i guess,they give me ok shave , nothing special at all.Prep blades cost double the lab blues and ots probably same blade.

With price of med preps,i feel like im cheated,lol,i have box full of lab blue,and its same blade i guess,they give me ok shave , nothing special at all.Prep blades cost double the lab blues and ots probably same blade.
You've inspired me to use a Med Prep for my next blade! I'll probably get 7 or 8 close and smooth shaves from it. I did get them on sale with free shipping, so the price was not too bad. Still, I can get good blades like the Silver Stars for $8/100, so there's that.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
After trying Personna reds they became my favourite blade, despite being warned by someone who had a bad experience with them. This decided me to try the Med Preps found them even sharper and more comfortable.
Sometimes you try a blade people rave about and they just don't work for you. Other times you try a blade with a bad rep, or no rep, and wonder why everyone else doesn't rave about it. Let's face it if everyone felt the same about shaving there would only be one razor. One blade and one soap, or we would all be shaving with a Gilette cart
Thankfully the world is not like that.

I like israeli personna,much better than labs/preps
Do your Med Preps say "For Hospital Use" on them? They should be laser etched. I'm wondering if you might have the Barber blades. Those are made for one time use in hair shapers and shavettes. People often confuse the Barber blades with Labs and Med Preps. Personna must be the most confusing blade brand out there.

It says for hospital use,but the letters are smudged all over....should be original med prep,but who knows,could be fake one ,have a box of labs too,its about same blade,wasnt impressed,felt rough on my face.

After trying Personna reds they became my favourite blade, despite being warned by someone who had a bad experience with them. This decided me to try the Med Preps found them even sharper and more comfortable.
Sometimes you try a blade people rave about and they just don't work for you. Other times you try a blade with a bad rep, or no rep, and wonder why everyone else doesn't rave about it. Let's face it if everyone felt the same about shaving there would only be one razor. One blade and one soap, or we would all be shaving with a Gilette cart
Thankfully the world is not like that.

+1! Trying blades for yourself is way to go! Reviews are fine, but my face is the better judge!
:a29: :a29:

They are only overrated and overpriced because they don't work for you. For others, it is a great performer.

May not be your intention, but does look like you are looking for supporters in a witch hunt for the Med Preps and Blues. Find a blade here that works for everyone. I dare you.

I had a great shave with a brand new Med Prep in a German 37 slant today. It's a very smooth and sharp blade for me with above average longevity. Yay Med Preps!

:jump:

I used a new lab blue out of stash in merkur 33c,excellent shave.Very smooth and sharp.Maybe i got bad med prep,when i bought box of lab blues first blade was bad too.This one feels like something else,exactly like some pple on forum describe it,smooth and sharp.Its either the bad blade or razor was too agressive,i think its the blade because this is way smoother and sharper.

Top Bottom